Do you love calligraphy and hand lettering? Are you interested in learning a new skill? Do you want to meet up with others who share your passion without paying for an outrageously expensive calligraphy class? This is the group for you!
Whether you practice traditional calligraphy, use brush pens, watercolor, or pencil we would love to have you! We meet regularly at a coffee shop to chat, practice, and share our skills with one another. We also occasionally host mini-workshops on specific styles of lettering or calligraphy (if you are interested in hosting one, email one of the organisers).
Most of our events are free, but we do ask that you support the cafe we meet in by buying a hot drink or food. Each person is responsible for bringing their own supplies. If you are new to hand lettering/calligraphy, we are happy to recommend pens, paints, paper etc. to get you started (see our photo album "suggested supplies")! We also have a stockpile of a few things for you to use on your first time.
We are a friendly group and welcome all new members to join us**! Let's make lettering fun and affordable for everyone!
**Please request to join the group so you can see details of upcoming events. Our meet up is private so we can protect the location and times of our meet ups for those who want to keep their plans private. We require a profile picture that includes your face and your first name on your profile so that we know who to expect at our events and have our bases covered in case something were to happen. Thanks for understanding!
It may take a few days for the admin to approve your request. Please be patient.
As a member of LHLS, you agree to these Rules:
1. We have a judgement free policy. This includes interactions on the meet-up page and at our in person events.
2. If you plan to come to a particular event please RSVP so we know how many people to expect. If you cannot attend, you must change your RSVP. Those who no show to an event without changing their RSVP will be removed.
3. You must buy something at the cafe when you attend an event. This keeps the space free for us to use and supports a local business. If you cannot afford this, please speak to the organiser.
4. Do not contact the organiser outside of the meet-up page unless contact details are specifically given to you. This includes Facebook, Twitter, Whats App and calling work numbers!
5. You must have a profile picture with your face clearly showing at all times. You also must also have at least your first name on your profile. This is so that we know who to expect at our events and have our bases covered in case something were to happen.
If you have any further questions about these policies please message the admin through Meet-Up. If you violate these rules, you will be removed from the group.