addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › London Indie Weekend

London Indie Weekend

Closed to new replies

James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 281
Is the table hire price from the Uni as it sounds quite expensive?. If it's not might be worth asking them if they use anyone and book using their discount!, cheeky but worth an ask.

Will ask thanks.

Also good idea to ask any traders or local shops if they want to come.

Not many local game shops in Guildford (Only games Workshop)

But wil definitely be getting contact details/taking names of traders at Dragonmeet. Willbe inviting Leisure games at least. Might be good to do something like a charity auction from donations from traders. Aslike I said before not trying to make money, just cover costs.

Ask games workshop if they want to run a demo, that way you get loads of younger gamers who can see other games in action, and the shop should let you advertise in their windows. Don't forget to visit all local games clubs to drop in flyers etc.

Sounds good, was gonna wait til I have sold some tickets first to get an idea of numbers.

Gaming tables should ideally average 6 seated players and a DM.

I was thinking 4 - 6 depending, but would rather have enough rather than not enough, especially with almost no idea of numbers at the moment.

If you need any help or want to bounce a few ideas drop me a mail.

You might regret that :D

Till then keep going, and when would it be?, you put 18/19 but not the month!

August
Nick R.
user 11522698
London, GB
Post #: 12

Till then keep going, and when would it be?, you put 18/19 but not the month!
August

My birthday, yay!

Sounds a good idea, but beware of creeping costs.

I looked heavily at University venues in London a couple of years ago with a view to organising our own summer con. Once you added everything in it got too expensive. I'd still like to do it, but the costs really killed it off.
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 282

Yeah keeping a close eye on thsoe sneeky buggers.

But I think with venue costs taken care of, and an idea of furniture costs, I cant see anything else, apart from wristband ticket costs (Which are like £29- 50 for 100. So still within budget.)

Its a struggle to keep it as cheap as possible, running on the basis of 50 people turning up, but with enough stuff for 100. On both days.

Eeek!!

Goober
user 14204051
London, GB
Post #: 3
Sounds like its all coming together. I went to furnace this year which now limits its attendees between 70-80 and seems to work well. Link below:-

http://rpgfurnace.com...­
Cameron E.
user 14554224
London, GB
Post #: 4
Just wanted to say that I'm definitely interested - I like the sound of a roleplaying weekend away, and the prices quoted so far sound more than reasonable to me!
The M.
The_Magus
Ipswich, GB
Post #: 47
18th August is a Meetup Date.

Otherwise I'm liking it
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 285
18th August is a Meetup Date.

Otherwise I'm liking it

Oak Hall is only available that weekend, but as we are going with Rubix (the NightClub), we should be able to book the first weekend in August.

John
J0hn
Teddington, GB
Post #: 7
still sounds sweet to me!
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 299
Hi Guys,

<Bump>

I am going to go down to the Venue one evening (weekday) after work in January to double check suitability.

Anyone who wants to come on a road/train (Train from Waterloo/Wimbledon to Guildford), trip is welcome.

Basically the union building is usually locked on weekends, but unlocked until 9pm most evenings during week.

To do

• Look at size/furniture given with venue
  • Sample Beer/Food at Chancellors (Pub) to make sure it is of the same high standard.

James
Goober
user 14204051
London, GB
Post #: 4
I am going to go down to the Venue one evening (weekday) after work in January to double check suitability.

Anyone who wants to come on a road/train (Train from Waterloo/Wimbledon to Guildford), trip is welcome.

Basically the union building is usually locked on weekends, but unlocked until 9pm most evenings during week.

To do

• Look at size/furniture given with venue
  • Sample Beer/Food at Chancellors (Pub) to make sure it is of the same high standard.

James

Jot a few dates as I've a few things on like conception, family, decorating etc.