addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Indie RPG Meetup Group Message Board › All Flesh Must be Eaten

All Flesh Must be Eaten

James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 5
Thinking of getting this game to run a game in March meet up, would be February but looking forward to Fiasco.

Just wanted to know interest for a game such as All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and whether it was Indie enough, AKA its not D&D but it does seem to have some d10 and potentially d20 in it.

I want to know interest before purchase.

James

PS Thanks for the great games last week, Annalise was cool, Zombie movie was fun, and Sawmill was just SICK, I loved it.
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 6
I've order it now, so will start planning some sort of short campaign when it come through the post. Hopefully 2 months planning will be enough for my first time guiding a campaign.
A former member
Post #: 17
Hi James

Just wanted to know interest for a game such as All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and whether it was Indie enough, AKA its not D&D but it does seem to have some d10 and potentially d20 in it.

Go for it dude.

Zombies and dark themes are quite popular at the meetup as you saw, so totally bring it if it floats your boat. I reckon the meet has an indie bias, but if folk want to crack on with some AFMBE or D&D at a table, that's cool beans.

It's great that you're stepping up to the plate and bringing something to run, game on!

Cheers
Pete
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 7
I'd never heard of AFMBE before, so didn't know how Indie it was considered, after having a quick read, there is no D20s involved, so might be safe-ish in being accepted as slightly indie.
D-503
user 12993417
London, GB
Post #: 5
It uses the Unisystem game engine. I've not played that iteration of it but I have played Buffy which is a great game and which uses the same engine (a simplified version of it to be precise). AFMBE is very well regarded I know.

It's not remotely indie. It's about as mainstream and traditional as rpgs get. The goal of the system in play is to fade into the background and be transparent rather than to actively support play at any given moment.

Does it matter though? If people want to play it and it's fun then that seems the important thing.

Hopefully I'll actually make the next meetup. I keep not being able to come. Very frustrating.
The M.
The_Magus
Ipswich, GB
Post #: 36
I'll repeat what I said on Saturday about playing mainstream stuff at the Meetup - I don't mind this taking place although I would grumble slightly if people were playing D&D, Pathfinder etc. as I think it's pretty easy to get a game of this elsewhere in London. Oh, I'd object to people playing d20/true20 on a purely aesthetic basis.

If you come along ready to run something that's great, the attitude I want to encourage. Equally the punters have the right to say no.

Personally I'm promiscuous in the RPG department - I want to play everything at least once with the occasional return to an old flame.
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 9
I'll repeat what I said on Saturday about playing mainstream stuff at the Meetup - I don't mind this taking place although I would grumble slightly if people were playing D&D, Pathfinder etc. as I think it's pretty easy to get a game of this elsewhere in London. Oh, I'd object to people playing d20/true20 on a purely aesthetic basis.

If you come along ready to run something that's great, the attitude I want to encourage. Equally the punters have the right to say no.

Personally I'm promiscuous in the RPG department - I want to play everything at least once with the occasional return to an old flame.
I suppose my real question is whether AFMBE come under D&D,Pathfinder etc.

I'm only going to run one quick game, (obviously only if I get interest). But I really not set on this, if we Vito it, I'm fine, I suppose I'd rather get feedback on who would be interested if I did make a short scenario based on this system, so I can get an idea if this is worth my time.
James J.
HartJesper
London, GB
Post #: 39
Have got Zombies the game, is just a board game not really indie or RPG, but I wanted to bring something that I could facilitate with mini9mal effort if needed. Don't want to be one of those people whio just turns up as a player each week with nothing to give back.

I doubt we will need it, or anyone will want to play it, but I'll bring it along as a back up, is a game for 2 - 6 players.