"Oh, to be in LOPUG (England) now that April's there"... Come join us for our April meetup where we've lined up some excellent presentations, as well as the usual drinks, food and fun:
• Gabriel Monroy, CTO @ Deis
"Deis: PaaS on Kubernetes"
Gabriel Monroy, CTO and creator of Deis, will discuss using the Deis PaaS to manage microservices deployed on top of Kubernetes.
The talk will include:
- Introduction to Kubernetes core concepts
- Overview of Deis Workflow and PaaS components
- Review microservice patterns from Deis customers in the wild
- Live demo using Deis to manage a microservice architecture
• Anne Currie, Co-founder @ Microscaling Systems
"Game of Hosts: Containers vs VMs"
There’s a lot of talk about container technologies such as Docker, Linux containers and sub-second container startup times but are they achievable? What might they mean for ops and dev?
Microscaling Systems (formerly Force12.io) has been wrestling with ECS and microscaling and in this talk, Anne is back to tell you all about it.
Hope to see you there,
The LOPUG team.
- Food and drinks provided
- Good time will be had by all