What we're about
This a group for actors interested in improving their screen acting skills, their audition and self-taping abilities.
Explore and hone the fundamental skills required for film, television and commercial acting. We investigate practical methods for actors looking to TRANSFORM their screen acting and auditioning skills and get their careers flying!
Want to develop your screen career? Join working actor/director and TV veteran Doug Rao who starred in over 100 episodes of BAFTA winning crime drama The Bill, as well as working in US network series and a movie for Luc Besson + directing his own films with the UK Film Council and Film Four!
These practical classes and workshops will help you to understand the differences (and MANY similarities) between screen and theatre acting through working scenes on screen in a realistic, fast-paced TV environment.
• Speed Learning techniques and how to ‘break down’ a script fast! On some jobs you’ll be shooting up to 14 pages a day!!
• Acting Continuity - what to do and what NOT to do with your hands and how to become the Script Supervisor’s darling!
• “Cinematic Poetics” - or the shots the director needs to tell his story - and how you can use the order they are shot in to your advantage. What can you do in a two-shot that you can’t in a close-up? Why is it better to do your close-up last?
• Audition technique. How to present yourself at auditions and get the most out of the experience - ie; the job! Or at the very least, become the casting director’s new “project”.
• Surviving in the Industry - proper head shots, knowing your type, working with agents and casting directors. And how to develop the “Relentless Mindset”.
** WORKSHOPS COMING SOON - STAY TUNED! **