WordPress London Message Board › Looking for wordpress development
|A former member||
I work for a social enterprise that have a Wordpress project that will be predominantly supporting charities.
We are looking someone to develop a Wordpress website that will allow users to publish and apply for work and volunteering opportunities, and which is linked to our back end booking system which has been built in enterprise Java. Whilst this person will not be required to do development on Java, some experience integrating WP to a back end system would be helpful.
Websites with similar functionality include peopleperhour.com, taskrabbit.com, care.com and www.nycservice.org
Please put links to examples of previous work in your proposal.
Preferences will be given to developers who are able to meet in Central London. We are based in Tower Hill.
We have staff who have standard Wordpress skills (can install, basic HTML and responsive design) with whom you will be working with on this project.
Deadline: Start: As soon as ready
Go Live: by 31st March. (including content uploaded)
High-Level Requirements include:
1. Built on wordpress using a responsive theme.
Visitors browse the listings on this site, complete an application on a secure site after registration/log-in
2. Use any standard plugins, themes, widgets that help. We have already bought a few.
3. Approximately 5-7 page templates
- home page
- summary listings page (short details of opportunities/jobs, organisations, events)
- Detailed information page (opportunities/jobs)
- Detailed information page (organisation)
- Detailed information page (events)
- General information/about us
These templates will contain or use:
- Site Search
- Google maps
- Google analytics
4. How it will work
Admin functionality to create organisation profiles/list opportunities
The ability for approved users to list opportunities by theme, time & date and locality.
Users can post a profile that will include skills and availability.
Organisations have profile pages linked to their opportunities
The ability for approved organisations to search people that are signed up for skills, availability and locality.
Opportunities show map, details and how to apply
Opportunities can be short term with date and time like an task or event like the Wordpress Events plugin http://wordpress.org/...
Users can apply for opportunities (with covering letter and attachments)
Opportunities can be displayed on other websites e.g. Using RSS or API
Approved organisations have logins to edit their profile page and post/edit opportunities
Approved organisations to list opportunities by category and locality.
Approved organisations can manage applications
Approved organisations can search people that are signed up for skills, availability and locality.
Users can login and edit a profile that will include skills, CV and availability.
There will be integration with a payment gateway for opportunities
Ability to quickly recreate new job board websites (Multi-site)
Admin functionality to approve users
5. We are looking to find someone with whom we can work on future enhancements together:
- use API to integrate with external content repositories (Explore integration with other systems (users and application process)
- integrate with payment gateway
- be available for piece work during upcoming maternity leave
CV keyword Search
Ratings for individuals
Option for payments for paid jobs to be handled through the website (including escrow)