DOC IN A DAY
Following the success of our four previous DOC IN A DAY competitions. We're pleased to announce our 5th DOC IN A DAY competition which will take place on 25rd-26th June.
FYI You can also RSVP on our Facebook page:
Are you tired of thinking about filming and want to actually FILM something?! This is your chance to do so in a relaxed and supportive environment. Whether filmmaking is just a twinkle in your eye or you're a seasoned pro, kick yourself out the door on Saturday morning 25th June, and join us for DOC IN A DAY, where you can arrive with just yourself and whatever equipment you've got (if you've got any) and we'll help to team you up; or you can arrive with a fully fledged crew.
Once we have announced the theme of this session of DOC IN A DAY (at 11am on Saturday), then you'll have until 11pm on Sunday to shoot, edit and send us your film!
Here is a short video about a previous competition https://vimeo.com/147571954
10am Saturday 25th June:
The Southbank Centre, on the 5th floor.
Meeting and forming groups:
You can enter on your own if you want, but ideally you will end up in a group of about 3 or 4 people but that is completely flexible. You can form a group beforehand or we can help you to form group. Try to make sure that each group has enough equipment and a reasonable spread of skills/roles. No experience is required.
11am Saturday 25th June:
Theme announced by host at the event, and this will also be announced on Twitter and Facebook:
11pm Sunday 26th June:
Deadline for submission - Please send the file of your film via our own online file transfer page http://www.londondocumentarynetwork.com/
• Payment at event - £5 to one of the organisers at the event on arrival, we take cash or card, preferably cash. Your £5 is to cover the cost of the competition and screening event.
• Payment if you are working remotely - drop us an email letting us know that you intend to enter and want to work remotely, we will then share our bank transfer details with you so you can pay your entry fee.
• Films must be objectively factual/documentary style!
• Film length must be between 1 and 8 minutes.
• Participants - absolutely anyone can enter, from a beginner to a pro. If you want to work with others we will try to pair/group people together at our kick-off event on the Saturday.
• Equipment - use anything! Try to make it look as good as possible and don’t forget about audio!
The pride and satisfaction of actually making something, experience, and the LDN crest of approval sent to you as a digital file for use on the cover of your winning video + invaluable feedback from professional judges.
We only have enough time to show roughly 6 films at our following screening event. The 6 films will be selected by the LDN team (panel of 6 organisers). The selected films will then be judged at the screening event by independent TBC TV and or film industry professional judges - where a WINNER and RUNNER-UP will be selected and feedback on all of the films will be given.
Look out for the screening event on our Facebook and Meetup pages - it's usually held within 2 weeks of the competition @ Cafe 1001 by Brick Lane, East London.
We hope to see you there!