Welcome to LoB. Some points to consider:
Every LoB event is suitable for newbies but each month we host special newbie events with a focus on more accessible games. There will be a host, and probably one or more helpers, if you need help.
Regular members: please bring and be prepared to teach more accessible games and leave the heavier ones for another time.
If you have questions or need help, ask the Host or find one of our Helpers (check list of attendees for anyone marked 'Event organizer') and just ask! Helpers are always happy to answer your questions or clarify any how the event works. Even if you can't find the host or helper you should find us a helpful and friendly bunch so don't be afraid to ask questions.
• If you’re new, please check out our guide for new players (http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/pages/Guide_for_newcomers/). Some events will have a named Host, but at most events you will find one or more Helpers (indicated next to the names of some of our regulars on the right). Helpers are always happy to answer your questions or clarify any how the event works. Even if there is no host or helper you should find us a helpful and friendly bunch so don't be afraid to ask questions.
• Please RSVP if you are planning to attend, and make sure it is up to date if your plans change. Be considerate of other members – we often have large waiting lists. Similarly, please don't turn up if your RSVP is not confirmed, as space is limited.
• Admittance is free – but please buy a drink and/or food at the venue if you can. Our use of the room is dependent on the pub making some money on the night.
• If you move tables to play on please make sure you return them to their original arrangement once you are finished.
• Check out our lovely forums (https://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/messages/boards/), where you can discuss all things LoB (including tournaments, lost & found, trading and special events).
• Please read our rules and regulations (http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/boards/thread/47700052). Attendance at LoB indicates your agreement with these.
• Have fun!