addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Lotico London Semantic Web Message Board › Second Meetup - skillsmatter talk

Second Meetup - skillsmatter talk

A former member
Post #: 3
The talk was a good introduction to semweb as far as "I already have HTML but need to annotated it" is concerned. My main issue is discovery, but there seems to be a big reliance on search engines scraping your annotate HTML and then scraping search engine results afterwards. This is supposed to be about enabling machines to understand the data seamlessly, right?

And then I'd also like to see better namespace (vocabulary) regulation, but I guess "survival of the fittest" i.e. popularity will guarantee buy-in into your namespace.

I'd like to hear everyone else's views.

Apologies for not staying for a pint :-)