Join us for our New Year Song Share in the historic room at the King & Queen pub where Bob Dylan played his first ever UK gig!
Share your songs at any stage of development for extensive, professional feedback on the lyric, melody, harmony and structure. Generous time is allowed for each writer and discussions of the songs on this half day session.
"The feedback is spot on and is invaluable in developing the songs I have written" "A really well organized and superb system for gathering feedback - genuinely illuminating! Thoroughly enjoyed it."as fellow songsmiths wrote about this event.
* Check that the songs are communicating as intended and whether they can be tweaked to compare with already successful songs.
* You will receive encouragement in a safe and supportive environment as well as professional and informed constructive feedback on the lyric, melody, harmony and structure.
* Listening to your peers will also help to inform your own writing and many aspects of essential songcraft will be covered.
* UP TO 2 SONGS/LYRICS can be performed/recited live or tracks can be played from MP3 via a headphone socket (bring an adaptor for new iPhones.
* Lyrics can be displayed on screen via Word if you wish. Bring a USB stick with these formats as appropriate plus at least ONE SPARE HARD COPY OF THE LYRIC.
* You do not have to be an expert performer - ideal for beginners and advanced writers alike to develop their craft and to practise performing too
A Guitar and PA will be available at the venue but not a Keyboard this time.
Note that the price of this workshop is discounted for this Meetup group and part of the cost will also be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Also, don't forget to register your interest for our 10% discounted all-inclusive 2019 Spring Peak District Retreat week here:
12:45 - 1:00 Feedback guidance and sign-up for Songshare
1:00 - 2:50 Song Clinic Session 1
2:50 - 3:10 Break
3:10 - 5:00 Song Clinic Session 2