Join us for Pan's Picnic - to celebrate LAMMAS 2016. (Free outdoor/ woodland event - Family-friendly - to mark the Harvest time with Ceremony and social).
Lammas: "All that rise shall fall again.". says the popular pagan poetry! The newborn Sun-child of Yule has grown to be a rampant and playful youth and lover at Spring, committed man and husband at Beltane and responsible Sun-King at Midsummer. And at the time of Lammas, at the height of his supreme power, the King steps down- or rather gives up his life force to the land! This is harvest time in the fields, where Corn and other such grain are harvested. John Barleycorn is `baked’ and sacrificed. In God mythology, the God willingly gives himself up and the Goddess cuts him down, so that his blood may feed the land. Though it may sound alarmingly gruesome, this is to be seen in terms of symbolism, and not actual! The spilling of his blood is in fact the falling of the grains and seeds to the ground, that they may produce next year’s crops! Just as the fallen seed sleeps safely within the soil, till winter passes and next spring, so the spirit of the Lammas-King enters the underworld. (taken from www.WitchcraftandMagic.uk (http://www.witchcraftandmagic.uk/) ).
**Ritual will be facilitated by our Team of Trainee-coven members**
This is an open ritual held in an outdoor park/woods with easy public access..
Out ritual *Team will conduct key aspects of the ceremony, with plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in the actual ritual - ie with elements calling, chants, magical work and so on.
Video: Pan Invocation & previous event photos
RITUAL items to bring:
- Your ritual cloths/ robes/ cloaks
- Staff / wands / antlers / tribal masks
- Drums & musical instruments
- Lanterns / candles / lighter
- Crystals / runes / divination tools
-Poetry / invocations (learnt or to read)
1. Get to Cockfosters (north end of Piccadilly Line Tube station). Come out of Tube station, and turn right onto Cockfosters Road. Stay on same side of road. walk on Cockfosters Road for 5mins - go immediately past Petrol station, then Cemetry... Then you will come to park Gate (big wall/ gate) called `Cockfoster Gate'
2. Enter Trent park.. Walk along the path / road...for 5 mins.. Go past a small monument.. and you will come to a Cafe & Car park areas (with toilet building nearby).
Meet us by the cafe tables.
3. When ready we will walk a little back along the path, to a side field.
If you are late..you can just enter the park...walk 2- mins (past a pond on the right) and turn right into the field (without going on to the cafe).
Here is the aerial map.