SAMHAIN - the Pagan seasonal festival for honoring our ancestral spirits, seek wisdom from the spirits in the veil between worlds ! Our Outdoor Samhain is particularly intense because of the real dark (wet, windy) environment among trees and bushes that are already bare ...! As evening falls, there is an eeriness that also becomes apparent.. Once at the ritual space, you will be immediately involved in the ritual - of the calling of the DarkLord, and communing with ancestors. Some divination work will commence before feasting.
• This is an open ritual held in an outdoor park/woods with easy public access.. Out ritual Team will conduct the ceremony, with plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in the actual ritual.
•Please read this info section fully to get a good idea of what is involved, so that you are better magically prepared. Thank you.
• Fee: £5 / £3 (concession). Pay The ferryman at the beginning of the event.
"Samhain is a festival for the dead and ancestors. Death is seen as a transition from one phase of life to another (The Death Card in Tarot has similar meaning), or from one incarnation to the next. This rite invokes the God an Goddess of the underworld. The Dark Lord opens the gateway between our world and the underworld and invites all to feast (commune) with the dead. At Samhain the veil between world is thin, and so it is perfect time for the art of divination and mediumship."
New Date: Sunday 28th October 2018.
• Meeting point: 4pm onwards at the patio/ garden area of Woodman's Pub, Archway Road, High Gate. You'll be greeted by The Ferryman at 4.30pm and walked to the Woodland ritual spot.
***This event is organic - and is expected to last 90 minutes including meditative & stillness, ritual drama, an audience with The Dark Lord, and Samhain magic (communing with Ancestral spirits & rebirth work) . There will be slow chanting, drumming at various sections, and a small ritual flame in a cauldron ** After the formal end, there will be some feasting in sacred space/ circle by the Altar, and a return to the Woodman's pub for more socials..**
**From the moment you arrive at sacred space in woods, you are kindly asked to observe stillness and reverence throughout the ceremony. All willing are expected to participate - during which moments, you are asked to be calm and not disruptive of their inner-work. **
** Once Circle is cast, we do not allow anyone to enter the sacred space..or leave without an appointed Priest/Priestess opening a doorway in the circle. If you arrive late or must leave at any point, please seek the appointed Priest/Priestess for this. Please do not Crash the circle - as it can cause magical weakness for the whole ritual and let outside energies enter or leak our own built up energy**
RITUAL items to bring:
- Your ritual cloths/ robes/ cloaks
- Staff / wands / antlers / tribal masks
- Drums & musical instruments
- Lanterns / candles / lighter
- Crystals / runes / divination tools
-Poetry / invocations (learnt or to read)
-All Pagans of any spiritual are welcome..
-NO Children or Babies (anyone under 16 yrs) allowed at this event
FOOD & DRINKS TO SHARE:
Here are some suggestions--
-Home made/ baked items are exceptionally welcome (Bread, cakes, buns, salads, soup, pre-cooked potatoes).
-Wine & Mead are popular for the pre-ritual social and for feasting & socials afterwards!
- shop-bought items (sausage rolls, short-eats).
-Cheese / ham/ butter/ crisps/ dips
-Chicken (cooked pieces)
- Water / soft drinks/ tea & coffee in flasks
-vegetarian food/ vegan food
(Basically any items that add towards a sensible feast/ meal).
You are welcome to dress up in your Halloween best cloaks, robes, shamanic attires etc. Bring pumpkins, masks, glow-lights, food & drinks to share...
(Wiccan High Priest & Holistic Coach/ Consultant)
If you are interested in Wicca & Witchcraft, formal coven work, initiation and training, personal study, then the following will be useful for you:
• eBook `Coven Guide: Become an initiated Witch (http://witchcraftandmagic.uk/book-coven-guide-become-an-initiated-witch)' - written by Mani (Wiccan High Priest with 20+ yrs of experience in craft, coven & initiation).
• eCourse - e-Witch Apprentice study course (http://witchcraftandmagic.uk/e-witch-apprentice-course) . (home study course in 9 modules. study at your own pace. Contact with Tutor for e-mail support. Includes ritual work, transpersonal psychology, all wicca subjects, tool making).