What we're about
Long Beach Start The Day Walk
For adults that want to get out and start their mornings in a positive way before someone ruins it for us yes, we can be a bit negative starting our day.
So as your mom use to say "get out and get some fresh air" which we all hated because fresh air could have stunted our growth or something horrible but now we know it’s a good thing but still hate doing it.
Why start your morning alone? Those old guys and gals at the coffee shop we never want to become. We need to get out and take a nice walk and chat with new people, heck make some new friends or maybe even meet that in-mate we have been searching for, sorry I meant sole-mate.
The 12 reasons to come out and take a walk….because>
1. You want to punch your boss, your co-worker, a family member, the dog next door or the kid crossing in front of your car mad-dogging you
2. If you need to tell your kids to knock it off one more time you’re going to drop them off at the Goodwill, wait they refuse everything now
3. Your thinking of eating a gallon of ice cream or move on to the 2nd row of girl scout thin mint cookies
4. You were feeling good about yourself until you walked in front of your mirror naked and you look like your mom or dad did
5. Buying new clothes is NOT fun anymore but mandatory since yours pants or so tight you look like a muffin top oozing out the sides
6. Your craving Jack in the Box Super Tacos and you’re not buzzed and 2:00am
7. That idiot just snagged your parking spot that you have been driving searching for since its better than having to walk a little farther
8. Brandon or Jenny your baristas are not working so this Coffee Nazi is charging you 50 cents for an extra squirt of sugar free vanilla
9. Because if your significant other says one more word you will smother them at night with a pillow, no this time for real!
10. Because walking is easier then bikram yoga which when you tried for the first time you almost pooped yourself, no seriously
11. Because you simply don’t want to sit another night at home by yourself because damnit your special and the word needs to get out to the rest of the world then your mother telling everyone at the bank how special you are as she shows pictures of you to all
12. Oh ya I almost forgot, because its healthy, great for your mind, body and soul, blah, blah, blah we all know it is healthy which is why we fight it so hard
What is this place your forcing us to walk at?
· Shoreline Pedestrian Bikepath
· Long Beach's Shoreline Pedestrian Bikepath snakes 3.1 miles across the sand from Alamitos Bay up to Shoreline Village.
· Two 6-foot wide paths are dedicated to bike traffic while an adjacent 5-foot wide path is for pedestrians.
Starting Point and Ending Point?
· Belmont Shore in Long Beach CA baby also known as “Horney Corner” at 54th & Ocean Blvd at the “ROCK” which I have uploaded a picture to see the “ROCK” and we go 2 miles to stairs at ? and Ocean Blvd turn around and return to our original starting point.
· If you live more towards downtown Long Beach then meet or wagon train at our turn around point which is at the stairs at Junipero and Ocean Blvd and follow us back towards our starting point and when you hit our starting point turn around And return to your starting point. There’s a guy on first who? Ya, that’s him, Who is? That’s right Who……
What Time Does It Start?
· We leave at 6:00am at the “ROCK” out of Belmont Shore at 54th & Ocean. Why 6:00am? Because I got’z stuff to do’z, places to be and um well not really but if your working or what ever it does not take much time to knock out.
How Long Does It Take?
· Average time is 1 hour fast pace to 1 1/2 normal walking there and back.
Length of Hike
· Total of 4 miles, 2 miles towards Downtown Long Beach and 2 miles to return to Belmont Shore.
· We will be increasing the length of the walk but in time, lets first see who all shows up.
Yes, Yes’s On The Hike
Talking to someone, if your that someone you don’t have to listen, laughing, crying for joy or even sadness, stomping your feet when you walk hard covering up passing gas (we still can tell it is YOU), bringing snacks, bringing something to drink, holding your partners hand, finding a partner and holding their hand.
No, No’s On The Hike
No racing, No pets, No smoking, No drugs, No Cra Cra’s, No Hatting, No Whiners, No Bossing your Partner, No Skates, No Bikes, No Boards, No Giving flats to the person in front of you, No Kicking Sand and definitely no throwing pencils or pens you’ll poke someone’s eye out!
Who Is This Mask Man That is Saving the Day?
My name is Jerry and I am simply trying to start my day in a positive way before work, kids, stress or whatever then the same old routine and making new friends.
So please come and enjoy which all are welcome all colors, beliefs, shapes and sizes.
Suggest bringing something warm, comfortable and some water.
I will be bringing a back pack full of first aid and other things for the “just in case” something happens.
P.S. I like to joke so please I hope I didn’t offend anyone and if I did “THEN YOUR NOT COMING TO MY WALKING PARTY”