4300 East Ocean Blvd
Ocean Blvd & Quincy Ave
Long Beach, CA
This meet up is for members of Long Beach Volleyball who acquire basic knowledge and are of intermediate / advance level.
***** If you are a beginner, prior to joining any games you need to attend beginner’s class. We offer FREE classes each month aside from Group and Private Lessons by appointments. This is to ensure that we keep games at meet up competitive.
**** Review the information below and if you are unable to abide by them; kindly look for another meet up. Members who continue to violate these rules will be asked to leave and not welcomed back.
*** If this is your first time at the meet up, kindly read the contents below that everyone abides by to avoid drama, confusion; thus making the meet up run smoother and non-biased.
** RSVP Required to play. No Exceptions! If you do not RSVP you will not be able to join prior to everyone who RSVP’d. If we are at capacity you may not be able to play.
* Any walk by asking to join in; MUST to be referred to Organizer and / or host so that can be screened for group’s protection.
* If you are planning to bring same guest each week, they must become a member. If you are bringing a beginner they cannot join the games prior to taking beginner classes.
* Total of 6 courts will be available for games and depending on levels and interest they may be altered. Below is norm set up:
3 courts for Intermediate / Advance games of 4’s.
3 courts for Intermediate / Advance games of 2’s.
Red Court = Game of 4’s / Blue Courts = Game of 2’s
* Sign on sheets will be present & everyone is required to sign in to play. Whoever signs first gets on the courts first.
* No simultaneous signing on both 2’s and 4’s courts. You must be off the court to sign up to play next - meaning you can not have someone sign you up if you are currently in the middle of a game.
* If you are by yourself and don’t have a team: In the clipboard the teams will list all of their players. Look for “gaps” on the sign-up list: teams in the challenge queue who are missing their third or fourth player. Then ask one of the members of that team if you can join them. If you see no gaps sign your own name on the next available spot. Others coming in will sign next to you.
* If your team ends up winning, you can stay and defend your position 2 more times, but must leave the court after 3 wins, specially when all courts are packed. Check the clipboard and if no one is signed up you may continue. If your team comes in second, you are off the court and back to the clipboard to sign up again.
* The team coming in second place always leaves the court – meaning if it’s the opposite team’s third win, then both teams leave the court and two new teams come on the court that are signed up next on the clipboard.
* If you come in 2nd on a court, you are not allowed to proceed to another court without checking the clipboard first. You MUST come back to the clipboard for every time you want to challenge.
* If a member of your team leaves before you play three winning games you are automatically off and need to come back and sign again to play. (You cannot stay on the courts & recruit someone sitting along the court)
* No stacking of teams is allowed. If your team wins by more than average of 12 points, three consecutive games, upon signing up again to play you need to sign up with 2 different players. The purpose of this meet up is not to stack a team and win games all day, rather to have competitive close games.
* Before you serve, call the score loud and clear, wait for someone from opposite team to acknowledge or dispute before serving. Once the serve is in play there is No going back to the score and disputing it. Before the serve make sure that every one on the opposite side is attentive and is in clear view.
* Call out you own faults, i.e. Net, Lift, illegal serve Etc.
* No open hand receives on serves and no sets that will result in your hands going below your shoulders or ball doing a complete circle.
* If there is a dispute on a particular play that is going to result in delaying the game or argument, replay the point to avoid confrontation.
** We follow Official Beach Volleyball Rules as set forth by FIVB.
Any questions, concerns or comments please come see me on the beach. I am usually at every meet up or if you wish to contacts me discreetly my contact information is below.
I thank you in advance for making Long Beach Volleyball Meet up Group a drama free competitive group for all to join. See you on the sand. Cheers.
Your reviews are greatly appreciated on links below. Thank you in advance.
Meet up: www.meetup.com/longbeachvolleyball
Face book: www.facebook.Com/longbeachvolleyball
Being a philosopher, I have a problem for every solution.