addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Longmont Running Message Board › St. Vrain Greenway Survey

St. Vrain Greenway Survey

Peter S.
pschow
Longmont, CO
Post #: 3
As you may have heard, the City of Longmont is in the process of re-planning the St. Vrain Greenway. Some of this was happening before the flood and they are calling this the "St. Vrain Blueprint" effort. All kinds of ideas are on the table, including eating establishments/beer gardens along the river, and better connectivity to neighborhoods.

You can help them hear the Longmont runner's perspective by completing a small survey. Under section 4, there is an important checkbox for "Gravel trails for walking and jogging" which I believe refers to the maintained packed soft surface that ran next to a majority of the paved portion of the Greenway. This was a favorite feature of mine and one that we should not automatically assume is coming back unless we ask for it.

I'd mention in the final comment-box that you are runner and any other reasons why you value the Greenway (e.g. no traffic) for running. They are hearing from cyclists; it would be good for them to hear from us, too.