Cindy Goyette, SPHR will be presenting a workshop developed specifically for LongsPeakNet members. Over the course of her HR career, she has directly screened and hired close to a thousand employees in a wide variety of industries, job types and job levels (receptionist to C-suite executives). In her workshop “Don’t hate me for what I do ... I care about YOU & your success”; Cindy will provide an insider’s perspective on what’s happening behind the scenes as employers search for talent and recruiters ghost job seekers.
The workshop will provide education & clarification about:
• The roles of Human Resources professionals, the different types of Recruiters and the motivations of each
• Why understanding the role of the person who calls/emails you is important in all of your subsequent communication during the interviewing process
• The purpose of the different steps in the hiring process and how you can be better equipped to represent your best self at each step.
• Types of employment relationships and what you should know if you’re asked if you want to be an employee or an independent contractor.
• Culture fit. It’s a thing! And you need to embrace it as integral in your job search. Employer’s don’t just care about your qualifications for doing the work – but also about who you are and how you do the work that they are hiring for.
• What’s all this stuff about behavioral assessments, behavior-based interviews? And how you can best prepare for them.
Please feel free to send questions about the topics above prior to the workshop at [masked] so she can be prepared with answers to share with the whole group the day of the workshop.
Cindy Goyette is a certified Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR), Professional Coach and Birkman Signature Consultant. Her recent work as a Talent Strategist, Profiler and Recruiter is fueled by her life experience as a business owner/entrepreneur combined with 20+ years of corporate HR experience focused predominantly on talent acquisition, mergers & acquisitions, employee & management training, leadership development and executive coaching. Cindy helps 1) company leaders ensure they have the right talent to execute their business strategy and 2) mature job seekers expand their self-awareness, align their inner strengths, needs and cumulative work/life experience to the job and work environment best suited to them for increased job satisfaction.
8:30am - 1st Time Attendee - Required New Member Orientation.
9:00am - All Member Meeting/ Speaker Presentation/Workshop.
11:00am - Meeting Adjourn
Limited Seating – Please Confirm Attendance
Photographer available for FREE photographs first Tuesday of each Month.