addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Loops n' Hooch Message Board › Renewal of Group Dues

Renewal of Group Dues

Jenn
user 3720530
Milwaukee, WI
Hey everyone -

I am the founder of the group but have "passed the torch" (so to speak) to Britta, who has been doing an awesome job organizing.

I paid for the first year of meetup group dues, which need to be renewed within 15 days. Since I'm no longer the main organizer, I'd like to ask if someone else would be willing to step up and pay the renewal fee.

This is how the group fees work:

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jenn
Britta E.
user 30708342
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
I would like to see the group continue but am unable to cover the cost of the dues myself. I would either like to see someone else step into the role of organizer - perhaps instituting a small membership fee for the group to help offset the total cost of the dues - or find another way in which we can all communicate to arrange future meetings. Anyone out there who is interested in taking on the leadership role please let me know!

- Britta
Jenn
user 3720530
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 3

Ok, folks about 6 days left. Deadline is June 5, which is coming up fast. Britta has said that she can't cover dues and would like to either see someone else step up or institute a small membership fee to cover the costs.

Remember, one month is $19, 3 months are $45, and one year is $72.

Whatsayou, knitters?
karin b.
user 48291282
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
Ok. Although I just joined a few weeks ago & haven't actually been to a meet-up, I'm definitely interested in being involved in a knitting group, & know others who are interested, too. I'm willing to take over as organizer, BUT, I think that it is unfair to expect one person to cover membership dues for a whole group of people. Since time is running out, I'm willing to pay the fee for the next 6 months now, but would like to institute a membership fee, the amount of which we can discuss (I'm not so good at math-lol!).
Any feedback?
Thanks!
Karin Beyer
Jenn
user 3720530
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 4
Ok. I just stepped down as organizer and nominated you - you should see something from meetup asking you to accept. Let me know if you don't.