addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Loops n' Hooch Message Board › Sunday afternoon stitching

Sunday afternoon stitching

karin b.
user 48291282
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 4
Ok, so who else finds themselves in this situation:

It's Sunday. I don't have kids; I'm not working; I have no other obligations or plans; I want to get out of the house & do something. I start calling friends to see if they are free, but after a couple calls realize that making any more calls is pointless as its FOOTBALL SUNDAY, & everyone else seems to be busy backing the Packers. I sit at home with the cat, who, thankfully like me, has no interest in the football (but does, incidentally, also really like playing with yarn- haha!).

If any of you fellow-loopers have found yourselves in similar situations, I have a proposal:
Sunday afternoon meet-ups at a nice, cozy pub or coffeehouse during the season.

Discussion open.

A former member
Post #: 1
Replace cat with dog and my situation sounds pretty similar! I would love to start/join a weekly sunday meetup! Maybe change locations once a month? My favorite place is Alterra by the lake or on Humboldt.
Lizz
user 3213269
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
I'm there with ya, gurlz. My husband is a hang-glider pilot and instructor (!), and goes off to Arizona every winter -- I need more human contact! Especially with peeps who like to do what I like to do. I'm in Racine, but will travel. I loved meeting you all, so count me in! --Lizz
A former member
Post #: 2
This Sunday I'll be busy, but what do you think of starting something on the 22nd? I'd prefer maybe 4p that day unless you all are interested in morning stitching, in which case I would be up for a 10 or 11 am meetup! (i'm a morning person )