addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Machine Learning Message Board › Would anyone be interested in working with CHLA medical data?

Would anyone be interested in working with CHLA medical data?

Dave K.
davekale
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
Hey MLers,

My colleagues from CHLA were very impressed by you all last night and are talking about the possibility of making some data available to people interested in working with it. The logistics need to be worked out, and there likely would be some paperwork ("data use agreements") and some strings attached (i.e., you can't share it with other people unless they sign a DUA from us too, we do joint publications, etc.). All that said, they are very hopeful that we can figure it out.

Would anyone be interested? If so, respond here and drop me line. Perhaps we can brainstorm some collaborative projects, a conference workshop, competition, etc.!

Dave
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey MLers,

My colleagues from CHLA were very impressed by you all last night and are talking about the possibility of making some data available to people interested in working with it. The logistics need to be worked out, and there likely would be some paperwork ("data use agreements") and some strings attached (i.e., you can't share it with other people unless they sign a DUA from us too, we do joint publications, etc.). All that said, they are very hopeful that we can figure it out.

Would anyone be interested? If so, respond here and drop me line. Perhaps we can brainstorm some collaborative projects, a conference workshop, competition, etc.!

Dave

Dave, I'm certainly interested so let me know how to proceed. But above and beyond my personal interest, I suggest that, in order to get away from the strict monthly lecture format, as a group we take on the analysis and discussion of ONE particular data set. Now, we _could_ choose an outside data set from a data mining archive, but I think it would be better to attack a data set which comes from one of us and for this the CHLA data set may be perfect.

Mark
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Dave,

I'm a Bioinformatics Analyst, working in CHLA (SRT) itself. Yesterday I was in a hurry so I couldn't meet you all. I'm good at programming, R and SQL stuffs. I would love analyse those medical data during my spare time. Let me know if I can do something.

Jana