addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › Labyrinth Walks

Labyrinth Walks

Ayamanatara
Ayamanatara
Northridge, CA
Post #: 12
I'm starting my Labyrinth Walks back up again this month!

For those of you who haven't done one, or who aren't familiar, a labyrinth is a form of walking meditation, Unlike a maze, it has only one pathway, there are no false starts or dead ends, and it is usually just a pattern on the ground, not a hedge maze. The labyrinth I use is at the top of the hill inside the Glendale branch of Forest Lawn; it's a replica of the 11 circuit labyrinth at Chartres in France.

A labyrinth walk has three stages: the way in is a releasing, at the center is contemplation, and the way out is one of receiving (guidance, inspiration, insight, etc). An 11-circuit labyrinth mirrors the rose window of the cathedral it is in (or, in this case, the one in France), and has 6 petals, which represent the realms of mineral, plant, animal, mankind, angelic/titanic, and the Unknown. The lunations, or scallops, on the outside edge of the labyrinth are divided into the 4 quarters, each quarter having slightly more than 28 lunations.

The more people you have doing a labyrinth walk, the stronger the energy, in my experience.

I will be starting up on Wednesday, March 9th, at noon, and the theme of the first walk will be releasing.

Subsequent walks will be on Thursday the 17th, Wednesday the 23rd, and Thursday the 31st (all at noon). They will continue in April, but I'm still working out my schedule. I begin reasonably close to on time.

I will be doing them regardless of who is there, but I would love to have company. I'm also happy to just talk more about labyrinths; they're a passion of mine.

'Natara