addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › The Labyrinth of Jareth X (MASQUERADE)

The Labyrinth of Jareth X (MASQUERADE)

A former member
Post #: 67
Hi all,

I just thought I'd let you guys know the The Labyrinth Ball tickets are available for sale now:
http://www.labyrinthm...­
I mentioned to a lot of you that I'd post when they were online.

This is the first year they've made it a TWO night event. I'm probably getting tickets to both nights. If my boyfriend doesn't want to go both nights then someone else will get roped into it with me. I got tickets for it last year and it was well worth the money. The music was great, the performances were fun, the costumes were great (you HAVE to wear one so everyone is in costume) and the venue was cool too.

Tickets are lower cost now and go fast so if you want to go GET THEM NOW even though the event is in July... they do SELL OUT EARLY! If you end up not able to go you can usually re-sell your tickets for more later, this is a really in-demand event!

If a lot of us are going can we make this a meetup event? :)
A former member
Post #: 52
Sounds fantastic! So which night is the preferred night, Friday or Saturday? I figure I'll go to, at a minimum and likely only, one night, probably the Saturday one. Since this is the first time it's been two nights, which was the previous standard night, Fri or Sat?

Only problem is that I don't know how I'd possibly compete with all the gorgeous, elaborate costumes. I'd better start planning now.
A former member
Post #: 69
I think last year when I went it was Saturday night, but I dunno if it's always been. If you're only doing one night though... I'd do Saturday. Since it's weekend night I'm guessing that one may be a little bigger, but honestly they'll both rock. I got tickets to both nights for me and Tim (they have a special collectors ticket deal right now) so I could take my pick of nights or go both.

There's ALL levels of costumes there... but a few things to keep in mind:

- Wear a costume that's comfy and not to bulky, the dance floor can get crowded... so if you have wings make them smaller and more out to the sides than behind you. While the giant tree ent costume I saw last year kicked ass, I don't think the poor guy got to the dance floor at all... he just posed for photos in one of the courts.

- Wear comfy shoes. While you can always take breaks and go sit on the sofas on the roof etc... the music is usually really good, so you are gonna want to dance! It's a mix of 80's (including the Laby soundtrack of course!), trance, dance, and new agey kind of stuff.

- Find a way to carry a camera in a SAFE manner on your costume - including a place to put it while dancing. Belt pouches work well for camera's and money etc.

- Be rested. Last year we got there when it started and didn't leave until 2AM at least... and a lot of that time was dancing. If you end up going both nights then you might not stay as late the first night so you have some energy for the second night.

Hope that info helps!
A former member
Post #: 39
I REALLY want to go to this. I just hope it's not the same time my family plans on visiting. Maybe I'll buy my tickets ahead of time anyways. I'll try to do both nights.

If I start looking now, I'm going to try to come up with a good costume!
darin
TriangleWitch.
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 258
How much are the tickets? and whats the croud like? are they clickish like the winter witches ball?
A former member
Post #: 71
Darin - see the website. Tickets for one night are around $34, for two it's a little over $50... if you order ahead.

I haven't been to the winter witch's ball, but I can guarantee this is a a very different event. This is much bigger and has performances etc... and isn't a pagan event. It's all about being a fan of Laby, or of faerie, or of masquerades... and costumes etc.

As far as it being clickish... it's kind of hard for an event of this kind to be clickish anymore than going to a night club is clickish. This event is all about creating the atmosphere of a goblin/faerie ball... I talked to a few people last year, but mostly I watched the performances and danced with my boyfriend. So it's more about dressing up, though everyone I talked to seemed really nice... more like the anime con crowd, posing for photos etc.

Hope that answers your questions. :) I'd suggest looking at the website.
A former member
Post #: 40
As soon as I get paid, I'm going to get my tickets. If you're planning on going both nights, I'll get tickets for both.

I'm starting to formulate ideas for my costume. I plan on making it and I want to get started ASAP!
A former member
Post #: 7
I so want to go to this.

but it will be hard to come up with the costum. would Mother Earth fit in to this theme.

i would want to go both nights. and get the hotel room so i'm not taking the bus/driving that late at night.

sounds so fun.

Leigh Anne
A former member
Post #: 75
Any costume is actually fine... I even saw a few Anime ones there last year. Most people pick fantasy type costumes, so mother earth is fine. (I'm actually probably going as a green woman or earth fairy myself). But anything like a skirt or dress with a mask or flowers in your hair or whatever is okay :)
Ren
renzatopek
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 24
Do you know how long we have to decide before tier 2 prices?