addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Who wants to work on chicken legalization efforts?

Who wants to work on chicken legalization efforts?

Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 239
We definitely need to help others who can't keep chickens under their current codes/ordinances. I mean really! We need to support each other as we have the numbers, we just need people ready to act. Because there are codes that say that chickens are ok in Long Beach and our backyard is big enough, I'm allowed to have my cutie pie chickens. But not everyone else is as lucky.

Who wants to help? We can get a group of people together and work out the data we need like existing codes, fines, backyard chicken facts and websites that we can refer people too.

Maybe we should hit up neighbor councils. Who's with me?!?!?!
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 81
My time is really limited Roberta but I'd love to help however I can :0)
Cheers
Ann
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm definitely willing to help! For San Dimas, the city council discussed it as recently as July.

I've considered writing my city council members, but I'd like to know what were arguments that people made to their own council members in order for them to pass chicken laws.
Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 242
We should work on setting up a meetup to get people together for this issue. Any ideas of a good place to meet? I'll use the blog as a place to put information and I'll see what i can do with documents section here in the meetup page.
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 83
hmmmm... shall we wait for until a few more peeps show interest or move forward with just the 3 of us?
I will actually be off next week and could meet up if you wanted to start that soon? If it's small maybe we could meet at one of the Intellegentia Coffee houses that your friend is affiliated with?
Lemme know
Cheers!
Ann
A former member
Post #: 4
I should mention that I'm currently in the Bay Area for graduate school, but I will be very briefly back in San Dimas during Thanksgiving break. I was planning on doing most of my contacts with city council members through email.

That said, looking forward to what this group can do.
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 85
Hmmm, I wonder if there is any way to meetup online? Is there a way to Skype with multiple people? That may be a better option anyway, it's so difficult to get a group together in LA :0/
Laura B.
LauraBonilla
Group Organizer
Norco, CA
Post #: 353
Ann, that is a brilliant idea and yes, with Skype you can meet with several people - Also, there are free 'teleconferences' out there... I use one for my practice, it's call freeconference.com and you can have LOTS of people at once... no screen and no internet needed... just a phone.

If you guys decide to go that route, I'll be more than happy to schedule the conference call, since I already have an account with them. I'm paying extra every month to be able to record the conferences. I'll be more than happy to set any phone conference with the recording option, so that anyone can go back and listen to it - just let me know :)
Ann
Prayerwheel
Sunland, CA
Post #: 88
Great contribution Laura!
heers!
A
Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 246
It would be great to have an online meetupmeetup. Sun early or evening work well for me or weekday evenings. Can you see the desktops with your teleconference. I have access to another type of online conferencing but i would love to see a free system.