addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Another Rooster Available!

Another Rooster Available!

Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 277
Such is my luck that i wanted a little silkie and we found out that our little fuzzy chick is a boy yesterday when he crowed each time the frizzle boy crowed. Oooh and we had such a good name, Cotton ball. Anyone looking for a fuzzy white silkie, he's yours. Now I have a special needs cross beaked silkie with lice and a runt buff silkie that is uppity and probably has lice! Treated them with the permetherin spray yesterday. At least I've got them all out of the house as of last week. (well except for the crowing roosters!!!). I think I'm taking a little break though I was contemplating incubating some of Frosty's eggs before giving him away. Sigh......

Brandi G
user 48566262
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 48
Such is my luck that i wanted a little silkie and we found out that our little fuzzy chick is a boy yesterday when he crowed each time the frizzle boy crowed. Oooh and we had such a good name, Cotton ball. Anyone looking for a fuzzy white silkie, he's yours. Now I have a special needs cross beaked silkie with lice and a runt buff silkie that is uppity and probably has lice! Treated them with the permetherin spray yesterday. At least I've got them all out of the house as of last week. (well except for the crowing roosters!!!). I think I'm taking a little break though I was contemplating incubating some of Frosty's eggs before giving him away. Sigh......

Have you tried dousing the lice/mite covered ones in wood ash? Apparently, it works really well to kill adults and Nu-stock kills the eggs. That thread I've been reading on BYC recommends this treatment. Multiple people have chimed in saying it works well.

Good luck!
Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 288
Thanks for reminding me. I keep on forgetting to start the fire! I just have fruit tree branches. I wonder if that will be the same as pine ash which is what i saw was suggested.