addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Chickens Galore Norco?

Chickens Galore Norco?

Karen C.
user 83873082
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA
Post #: 46
OK...purchased two pullets...one 7week Buff Orpington that was $12.00 and a 5week old Blue Laced Orpington that was $15.00. The latter qualified as a specialty breed. They will be emailing me a list of all the breeds they carry so when I receive it, I will post. Cash only.
Karen C.
user 83873082
Post #: 47
HERE IS THE LIST OF BREEDS AVAILABLE AT CHICKENS GALORE. PLEASE NOTE NOT ALL BREEDS AVAILABLE AT ALL AGES.
French black copper Marans
Black Ameraucana
Blue Ameraucana
Mixed Ameraucana
Easter Eggers
Cinnamon Queens
Blue laced red Wyandottes
Silver laced Wyandottes
Golden laced Wyandottes
White Wyandottes
Colombian Wyandottes
Buff Orpingtons
Barred Rocks
Dominques
Cuckoo Marans
French blue copper Marans
Giant Cochins
Black Jersey Giants
White Jersey Giants
Silkies
Frizzles
Salmon Faverolle
Partridge Rocks
White Rocks
Light Brahmas
Speckled Sussex
Austra Whites
Delawares
Turkins
Rhode Island Reds
New Hampshires
Black Sexlinks
A former member
Post #: 43
thanks for taking the time....
A former member
Post #: 44
thanks for taking the time....
Marie M.
user 45254602
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 45
Thank, Karen, for the list. WOW, that is a lot! Too bad he doesn't have any polish.
Susan J.
SueJ
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 71
Hi Karen, thanks for all the helpful info and list of types he sells, awesome! I Googled half of them to check out different breeds. The red blue laced wyandottes are beautiful, along with several others. The speckled Sussex is nice too. You got a blue orpington? I didn't see those listed, so he must have some not on the list? I hear Buff Orpingtons are super friendly, and that Polish are pretty but not too hardy and tend to be lowest on the pecking order? If I add another hen, it'll be a Buff Orpington :) Post photos of your new chickens! I bought a Red Cinnamon Queen from chickens galore, she's gorgeous and very sweet.
Karen C.
user 83873082
Post #: 50
I saw the Cinnamon Queen when I was out there. Beautiful coloring! I picked up a Blue Laced Wyandotte and a second Buff Orpington. Both are so, so sweet and were voluntarily sitting in my lap the day they arrived. Surprising, considering they were raised with so many others. My last two should be arriving this morning via USPS from a farm in Southern Illinois...a Chocolate (Godiva) and Lavender (Violetta) Orpington. I love those Orpingtons! Then my little family of 10 will be complete. The only negative I've heard about them is that they don't react fast enough when being chased by a hawk so maybe not the best breed for free rangers. Will post a photo once everyone gets settled.
Roberta K.
user 10948851
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 593
Ooo I Thought A Hawk couldn't Do Anything To A Big Orpington.
Karen C.
user 83873082
Post #: 52
Probably when full grown, they're in a better position to defend themselves. I was looking at chicks in a feed store in San Luis Obispo and was listening to a conversation between two women looking to pick up some new members of their flocks. They both said they were looking for more savvy chickens for that reason. No problem for me because we're completely fenced, but when I start letting them into the grass, I'll have to be out there with them because the trees around us create a hawk hotel!
Cara
user 67618442
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 21
I got 6 EE chicks from chickens galore and only 3 of them ever laid. The other 3 were all internal layers.