addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Cosmetically Challenged Coop/Cage Available

Cosmetically Challenged Coop/Cage Available

joAnn O
TokenGirl
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 14
I just had a coop built & I am cleaning out the yard of random coops. Here's the info:

Dimensions:
4 feet high, 6 feet wide, 28.5 inches deep.

To note: has two separate openings/compartments. (see pics here) Sturdy & very well made in spite of it's shabby look. If modified could comfortably sleep 6-8 standard chickens as long as an additional run or free ranging is allowed

I have it up on Craigslist for 150.00 OBO - and seriously, OBO is fine. It really is great but un-pretty. Just needs TLC to be a nice urban coop. Way better built than the pre-fabs online.

Anyone interested please let me know. You can email me on Meetup and/or post to this thread - I am following the discussion :)

Thanks!

A former member
Post #: 73
Do you still have it? Could you post a picture of it? And where are you (how far from San Fernando Valley ?) Donna
joAnn O
TokenGirl
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 15
Hi there!

Yes, I still have it. The obscure link is "See Pics" in the body of my original post. Anyway, here is the link again as I have it up on CL. I also have a shabby but useful Chick-n-Hutch in need of a new home.

Here are both links:

http://losangeles.cra...­
http://losangeles.cra...­

re: Distance. Depends how deep in you are. Average is bout 20 miles.
A former member
Post #: 74
Thank you Joann - Im not worried about the shabby part (that can be fixed) but I need more coop space & no cage at all ( my chickens have a Lg.inclosed yard) The coop I have now holds only 4 & I need one for 8 or more- oh well- I just have to keep on looking! But I do thank you for your answer -Donna
joAnn O
TokenGirl
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 16
Good luck in your search!

I had a nice coop built last week - very impromptu so all of my plans for the fixer uppers changed. I slept all five of my girls in the chick-n-hutch & would get up w/the sun to let them out! Originally I was going to change the orientation of the cage & turn it into a coop the slept 8 on the upper half and then sit that in an enclosed run. I might still turn the hutch into a hospital/jail/brooder if no one takes it. :)
A former member
Post #: 76
Good plan Joann- especially the plan to have a hospital/brooder handy :)
TonyC
thchen
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 23
email sent Joann.
joAnn O
TokenGirl
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 21
Hi all,

The coop is still available if anyone is interested!