addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Beautiful Rhode Island Red, 1yr old, healthy, needs home - Rosie

Beautiful Rhode Island Red, 1yr old, healthy, needs home - Rosie

Susan J.
SueJ
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 53
Hello everyone, I need to find a home for 1 of my Rhode Island Reds since she is not getting along with one of my ducks, and he is hot after her. I've tried separating them, but then one of them is alone all day and night so it's just not fair to either of them. She's a pet, I've raised her from a chick, hatched last summer. She lays brown eggs 5x a week. She's friendly and scoots down when you go to pick her up. She's not afraid of friendly cats :)

Sue (818) 667.1304 I live in Glendale and can deliver her or meet you.

Here are two of my 4 hens (Rosie & Ava), Sydney my male Rouen duck, and Dylan my cool sweet cat :)

A former member
Post #: 80
I live in Reseda & have 4 hens two 2yr.olds & two 6 mo. olds -we lost a "Rosy' to old age (she was our alpha hen) if you still have your Rosy let me know ,she might be a great replacement-Danuta mom14@att.net
Susan J.
SueJ
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 64
Hello everyone, thank you for your emails and posts here. Rosie has been placed in a new home today.

Hello Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your Rhode Island Red Rosy, so sad. That's such a coincidence, my Rosie was also the alpha female. I did find a very nice home for her and placed her today with Bruce. She seemed comfortable right off the bat, however we've talked about playing it by ear just in case she doesn't bond with his other two hens, or vice versa.. but it seemed like the new little flock would be ok and she found a new home.

If I hear of another nice hen, I'll let you know!
A former member
Post #: 228
Those goofy ducks! My male Pekin, Katchka, has always had a mating attraction to my 2 Belgian Bearded d'Uccle hens. He looks just like I see your duck approaching your chicken---he pulls and pinches the neck area from the back and pulls out their feathers. He has NO interest in the other 14 hens, just those 2 small ones! I now keep him and his two "girls" Natasha and Pidgey, in a separate corner of the garden just for them. The d'Uccles are getting their feathers back in
A former member
Post #: 81
Hello everyone, thank you for your emails and posts here. Rosie has been placed in a new home today.

Hello Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your Rhode Island Red Rosy, so sad. That's such a coincidence, my Rosie was also the alpha female. I did find a very nice home for her and placed her today with Bruce. She seemed comfortable right off the bat, however we've talked about playing it by ear just in case she doesn't bond with his other two hens, or vice versa.. but it seemed like the new little flock would be ok and she found a new home.

If I hear of another nice hen, I'll let you know!
Hi Susan -thank you for your phone call & this answer- Im so sorry I missed this chance (it seemed so perfect for what I was looking for) I know there are a lot of other chickens out there so I will keep on looking for another perfect "Rosy" Thank you again- Danuta
Susan J.
SueJ
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 67
Hi Danuta, if you haven't already created a message here, I'm sure you'll have some luck if you post something "Looking for Rhode Island Red hen, mine passed away".