addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › They grow so fast-

They grow so fast-

Ron F.
user 11466035
Whittier, CA
Post #: 11
well, my little ones finally lost all their Chickie fuzz off their heads, now they have the real feathers coming in- and they are growing fast, but they still don't know how, or don't want to, go into the nesting boxes themselves, so each night when the sun goes down, I go into their coop, and put them in the nesting boxes myself, and they don't have a problem staying there for the rest of the night, and in the morning before I go to work, they're already shuffling around, ready to start the day, they do get down themselves, but I haven't seen them make that journey- SPOILED!
Sue T.
user 10249564
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
well, my little ones finally lost all their Chickie fuzz off their heads, now they have the real feathers coming in- and they are growing fast, but they still don't know how, or don't want to, go into the nesting boxes themselves, so each night when the sun goes down, I go into their coop, and put them in the nesting boxes myself, and they don't have a problem staying there for the rest of the night, and in the morning before I go to work, they're already shuffling around, ready to start the day, they do get down themselves, but I haven't seen them make that journey- SPOILED!

Ron, your chickens really should sleep on a roost, rather than in their nests. Nests are for laying eggs. Chickens that sleep directly on their bedding are way more susceptible to lice, mites, etc. You'll probably have to put them on the perch for a couple of nights, but they will soon learn how to do it themselves. Their feet are made for perching!
Sue Talbot