addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Urban Chicken Enthusiasts Message Board › Anyone interested in Sharing a Ameraucana shipment from a reputable breeder?

Anyone interested in Sharing a Ameraucana shipment from a reputable breeder?

Soren L.
user 12248497
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 7
There is someone breeding true Ameraucana in Riverside area:

http://inlandempire.c...­
A former member
Post #: 7
My new chicks are hatched from eggs from http://www.signatureb...­

Once I know how many are females and keep 1-2 each, I'll post the rest (male and female) on this site. I'll have extra Ameracauna, Exchequer Leghorns, Blue Marans, Black Marans. I also have two black copper marans (likely males) from Greenfire Farms that I hatched that are 3 weeks old that I'll post once I confirm that they are male.

Soren L.
user 12248497
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 10
Kimberly, I take it you are hatching Black/Blue/Splash Ameraucana eggs?
YM, what color(s) are you expecting?

I'm very interested in up to 2 pullets, with a strong preference for B/B/S

BOTH my EE's turned out to be Roos. One went to a new home last weekend the other will tomorrow.

That gives me a good chance to start over with actual Ameraucana, and in the meantime my gold sex-links have been growing and they are SURE to be pullets.
A former member
Post #: 13
Kimberly, I take it you are hatching Black/Blue/Splash Ameraucana eggs?
YM, what color(s) are you expecting?

I'm very interested in up to 2 pullets, with a strong preference for B/B/S

BOTH my EE's turned out to be Roos. One went to a new home last weekend the other will tomorrow.

That gives me a good chance to start over with actual Ameraucana, and in the meantime my gold sex-links have been growing and they are SURE to be pullets.

I've got blue, blue wheaten chicks that are about 2.5 weeks old. I think b/b/s are pretty but wheatens should give bluer eggs. So far, I can only tell that one is definitely a roo. If you end up wanting more EEs, I just saw some this morning at the Chatsworth Kahoots. They're calling them Ameracauana but they are EEs.
Kimberly D.
user 12010605
La Crescenta, CA
Post #: 10
Yes mine are B/B/S, wont be hatching till Wednesday. I'm sorry, I will probably won't have any available anymore. The color of egg does not have to do with feather color, though. I am sure you are aware. Some breeders do work on refining egg color and color can be refined in any color variety of Ameraucana. Eggs appear lighter as the hen gets older and also later in the laying season they can be lighter than at the beginning.
A former member
Post #: 17
Yes mine are B/B/S, wont be hatching till Wednesday. I'm sorry, I will probably won't have any available anymore. The color of egg does not have to do with feather color, though. I am sure you are aware. Some breeders do work on refining egg color and color can be refined in any color variety of Ameraucana. Eggs appear lighter as the hen gets older and also later in the laying season they can be lighter than at the beginning.

There's a chart somewhere online that describes the different color variations and on average how they are doing in different points. The wheaten ones are supposed to (in general) lay the bluest. That's what I've heard from different breeders too.

I have one or two roos to place. One is cross beaked but eats fine and is growing fast. If anyone is interested, please email me.
Paula Z.
user 12433643
San Dimas, CA
Post #: 2
Hello!

i would *love* to share in a shipment for a Ameraucana!
iam sure its too late for this batch, but if anyone wants to again i would be
game...
my only problem is that i would prefer sexed chicks as i can not have roosters and my kids get so attached its hard to re-home them after they've grown :(

ideally, i would like either a wheaten, blue wheaten or blue ameraucana pullet
iam looking at getting my own shipment and rasing/selling thee extras, just the kid ussue would need to be solved lol

thanks
paula
A former member
Post #: 20
Well, I have one cockerel from my Ameracauna hatch if anyone is interested. These were wheaten, blue wheaten hatching eggs. I still have two BCM cockerels as well.
A former member
Post #: 21
So sorry YM, checked back for a reply for a few days and hadn't received a response. Then I had some out of town guests and didn't go online! Sorry that I missed your reply. I was going to order from the ABC breeder that had a 10 chick minimum, and I couldnt find someone to split with. I did order a few hatching eggs, but that isin't going well. I actually got several more from Jean Ribbeck and will try them when I get them. Shipped eggs are iffy sometimes. You are welcome to a few if you like, either chicks when (read if) they hatch or even some of the eggs. I should get them next week. I also have 5 SLW chicks on the way and only need two. They are sexed so if you or anyone else is interested I will have three sometime around June 21.

Do you still have your extra SLW? I might be interested in one pullet if you do.

Thanks.