addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles WordPress Message Board › who is using HostGator?

who is using HostGator?

Laurel P.
laurelpaley
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 17
I have been told Dreamhost and Bluehost are great. But someone I trust recently recommended HostGator.

Thoughts? Thanks.
A former member
Post #: 106
Laurel, I've used tons of web hosts since mid-1990s.

I LOVE Hostgator. Call them after 11 PM. Tech support is VERY helpful and patient. All the tech support I've dealt with use WordPress. No webhost is obligated to help re WP issues. They do. They explain things (cos I ask lots of questions). I've used them since 2008 or so.

I had an issue Hostmonster, owned by Bluehost. Let's say it was bad. Would never use them again! That's when I changed to Hostgator.

Their rates are very good. One downside, which is not just Hostgator, is that although there's unlimited storage, there are limits called inodes, or something like that. I had several WP sites and quickly went over the limit. I deleted some and keep an eye out for that.

I'm about to install a photo-specific database ecommerce site. It has options which suit me better than WP for my photos. No idea how that will affect inodes. Time to delete some more WP installs, but many are dormant anyway. I searched and searched re other webhosts cos of this other photo s/w I'm installing. I stuck w/Hostgator!

take care, jenny ;-)
Tammy W.
user 10393742
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Post #: 2
I've been using HostGator for a couple of years now and like them so far. They are the 3rd hosting company I have used and don't have any complaints, at least at this time :-). Unlike the other two hosting companies.

Tammy
Laurel P.
laurelpaley
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 18
Thanks so much, Jenny and Tammy.
hostgator c.
user 182528367
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
try this page facebook