What we're about
Loudoun Patriots is a gathering of private citizens, based in Loudoun County, Virginia, who are concerned with the direction our elected (and unelected) “representatives” are taking us. We believe that the individuals who started our nation provided the answers we need to solve today’s problems within the documents they crafted. We believe that every American should always ask, "By what authority does the constitution provide...?"
Founded in November of 2009, we are a non-partisan group and believe that both major parties are a large part of the problems we face today. We believe that these parties have proven to serve their own interests instead of the interests of the people. We welcome anyone to the group regardless of past or current political affiliation. We also welcome (and encourage!) current and aspiring politicians to join the group. The only requirement is they must check their politician hat at the door and enter the group as a citizen.
The spirit of the group is to bring us all back to the place we were on September 12, 2001. The day after America was attacked we were not obsessed with Red States, Blue States or political parties. We were united as Americans – mainly as people who chose to simply do what was right.
If you adhere to at least 6 out of 9 of the following principles, then please consider joining our group.
The 9 principles are:
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.