► Shane Logsdon will lead an interactive workshop for newcomers to Haskell and functional programming.
► Amar Shah will present an early version of his upcoming conference talk, "Point-Free or Die: Tacit Programming in Haskell and Beyond"
◆ Workshop resources
• You should bring a laptop with The Haskell Tool Stack installed and working: Instructions are here (http://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/README/).
• You can do some warm-ups here (http://tryhaskell.org/), before you install anything.
• Need installation help? Ask in the #haskell channel of the Louisville.io slack team. Get an invitation here (http://louisville.io/).
◆ "Point-Free or Die"
• Tacit programming, or programming in the “point-free” style, allows you to define a function without reference to some or all of its arguments. Let’s develop an intuition for point-free programming, probe its origins, and consider its trade-offs. ...More here (http://moonconf.org/#point-free-or-die).
• The Haskell wiki page (https://wiki.haskell.org/Pointfree) on point-free syntax.