We will be meeting in the back parking lot of Bicycle Sport around 6:00 and leave around 6:15. It is recommended that you have a light on the bar and one on your helmet. We will ride from the shop and ride the golf course trail and then one lap through Cherokee Park taking a break from time to time to regroup. After that the group will potentially split - Some choosing to ride a second lap, some choosing to head over to the Wilderness Loop, and others heading back to the shop on the road.
Distance - 10-20miles
Duration - Approx. 1 to 2 hours.
Ride Rating - MODERATE (It is better to under-estimate your fitness and skill level than to over-estimate them.)
Where - Ride starts from back parking lot at Bicycle Sport.
This is a No Drop moderate ride through Seneca and Cherokee. There is moderate climbing involved. The 1st loop will take around 45 minutes. Your skill level is not as important as your fitness level. You should be able to ride 5 miles, up, and down hills in about 45 minutes. However, we will not drop anyone, and can help you through the technical parts. Pack your own tire pump, or CO2 cartridges, tubes, helmet and plenty of water. The shop will be open until 6 if you need to pick up any last minute supplies.
1. Mountain bike in good working order (test ride your bike BEFORE you come. Make sure the brakes work well, the tires are properly inflated and the bike shifts properly into all gears.
2. Helmet. A helmet is required to ride with the group.
3. Light kit strong enough for trail riding
4. Bring plenty of water.
5. Don't forget to bring ID and your insurance card in case of an emergency.
6. If you are not a paid KyMBA member you will be required to sign a liability release form before each ride. If you are a paid KyMBA member you will be required to sign in.