addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
ray
user 4058586
Group Organizer
Louisville, KY
Post #: 130
One of our members, Vaughn Zeller, recently visited Living Roots Ecovillage outside Paoli Indiana. You may remember Vaughn as the presenter at the Cob Building talk at the Library. Vaughn was able to take some pictures and spoke with the founder of the Ecovillage, Michael Hicks, and reported an informative and positive experience. The ecovillage is supported in part by CSA subscriptions and is interested in incorporating Permaculture practices on the property, as well as promoting off grid and alternative building. They utilize a hoop house and low tunnels in the growing operation. According to their website, they offer a tour and a potluck each month for interested folks.

The website for the ecovillage is here.

Many of our members have expressed an interest in co-housing, community living, and ecovillages. I would like to survey for interest within the group to ask the ecovillage to do a presentation for our group. We could try to secure the meeting room at the Library for a talk this fall. Please let me know if you might attend a Meetup like this.

I have created a Photo album titled Ecovillage and included some photos from the ecovillage web site and some that Vaughn submitted.
Vaughn
VaughnZ
New Albany, IN
Post #: 2
Living Roots is very near French Lick and Patoka Lake, a little over an hour drive from Louisville. I was quite impressed with what Michael and the others there have accomplished so far. The long term vision they have for the village seems to me attainable and, from what Michael told me, they have a good relationship with their neighbors. Both of these I would take a good signs for their success. Anyone interested in ecovillage life would do well to attend a tour and/or potluck.
Micki W.
user 12152040
Louisville, KY
Post #: 6
I would attend! Would love to hear and see details of their work and play.
ray
user 4058586
Group Organizer
Louisville, KY
Post #: 132
Thanks for the feedback Micki. Turns out some other members of the group already know Michael so this is becoming more likely to happen.