RSVP And Attendance Ettiquette
RSVP and ATTENDANCE ETIQUETTE
It is in the best interest of our organization to create positive and mutually satisfying relationships between the group and the venues in which we hold our events. Doing so means our group will be considered seriously and with appropriate attention in respect to our events. With that in mind, I put forth the following process for the handling of RSVPs.
Good RSVP/attendance etiquette
Please be considerate to your organizer and others by keeping up with your RSVP status
- It is courteous to accept or decline an invitation within a few days of receiving it. This helps with event planning and provides valuable feedback to the organizers.
- If you RSVPed 'Yes', you are encouraged to reply to the email sent by the Meetup Organizer 48 hours before the event to let them know you are remembering to show up. If no reply is given, your "Yes" will be changed by the organizer to a 'No' to ensure an accurate count be given to the venue in advance. A comment on the event page will also be accepted.
- You should update your RSVP as soon as your plans change. Preferably at least 48 hours before the event.
- f you RSVPed 'Yes', you should show up to the event. If you can't show up, change your RSVP accordingly. If it's less than 48 hours before the event, write and explain the change to the Organizer as to why you couldn't attend.
- If you RSVPed "Yes" to TWO consecutive events and failed to attend the TWO consecutive events you RSVPed for, your membership to the group will be deleted NOT banned. You can re join and attend future events after a discussion with the Meetup Organizer. If no discussion is had, and you just start re signing up for events, you will be deleted off the attendance list until such a discussion is had. So, just update your RSVPs and we'll never reach this point. :)
Being a 'No show' impacts the relationships we have with our vendors and venues. If this happens repeatedly it could lead to member removal from the group.
Thanks for taking the time to review out RSVP and Attendance Etiquette policy.