39 Abel Smith Street - Corner with Cuba Street, Wellington
This very popular free monthly event, which is held on the second Sunday of every month is aimed at beginners and beyond. No previous experience or partner is required.
Extra special Sunday Salsa Sessions to put on your radar include:
• 14 Feb - Valentine's Day
• 8 May - Mother's Day
• 12 Jun - Special Extended Jazz Festival Edition
• 9 Oct - CubanFusion's 11th Birthday
• 13 Nov - 10th Anniversary of Sunday Salsa @ The Cross
• 11 Dec - CubanFusion's Christmas Party
CubanFusion's Sunday Salsa Sessions/Lessons are a fun way to introduce yourself and/or your friends to Salsa, practice what you have been learning in class, as well as see Salsa in action.
This is how the night will run:
• 5.30pm Pre-Session Meet-Ups
• 6.00pm Party begins
• 6.30pm Fun Salsa intro class with Rafael
• 9.00pm Home-time!
This is a great opportunity to catch up, have something to eat and meet people from the various Meet-Up groups plus our "regulars" who come along to this event before the night gets started. Check out The Cross' NEW winter menu in advance so you can spend more time socialising and dancing and less time choosing what you will have: http://www.thecross.co.nz/food-drink.
Pre-Session Meet-Up Location
From 5.30pm you will be able to find your hosts Rafael and Rosina setting up the event on the dance floor. There will be an A3 MeetUp poster on window next to us. Ask at bar if you can't find us.
What people are saying about this Meet-Up
- Really enjoyed the salsa last night, got the heart pumping, everyone was friendly and encouraging, and I think I was better at the end than when I first got there, so bonus!
- I really enjoyed the dancing last night, and also found the people friendly. As I came on my own, it was great to have a couple of guys offer to dance... with me :-) which was really helpful.
So thanks to everyone who makes our first timers feel so welcome!
And very special thanks to Gary, Liz and the team at The Southern Cross. Thanks to their continual support, this is the longest running free Salsa event in Wellington. In fact, we will be celebrating it's 10th Anniversary in November. Please help us keep it that way by supporting the bar and restaurant in return http://www.thecross.co.nz/food-drink.
Also it can get pretty hot at The Cross so come dressed for Cuba!
For information about our regular Salsa classes and other upcoming free dance and music events please see our website www.cubanfusion.co.nz.
The team from CubanFusion looking forward to seeing you there. Hasta pronto!
The Southern Cross Garden Bar & Restaurant | www.thecross.co.nz | 39 Abel Smith Street | (04)[masked]