Do you love music or dancing? Then this is the meetup group for you!
Is there a concert or gig you would like to go to? Do you just want to spend the night on the dance floor enjoying the music that you love? Or have you always wanted to learn to dance?
Maybe you are new in town, or your friends have family commitments, or just do not share your love for music and dancing. Why not come and join us!
Love Music? Love Dancing? 40+ Meetup group is a well-established not-for-profit social and activities group for like-minded people living or working in Milton Keynes or the surrounding areas.
The aim of this group is to organise music and dance events so people who love music and dancing can get together and enjoy themselves with other like-minded people.
THIS IS NOT A SINGLES or DATING GROUP
Everyone is welcome It is for singles and couples, male and female.
You do not have to live in Milton Keynes and you do not have to be over 40 to join us, everyone is welcome.
Events are aimed at people aged 40+
We currently have 1,500+ members aged late-thirties to mid-sixties. Love Music Love Dancing Organisers organise several events every week throughout Milton Keynes, and neighbouring towns, and occasionally further afield. There are a wide range to choose from: Disco/Party Nights, Pub gigs, Festivals/Carnivals, Concerts/Live music events/Weekenders, Party boats etc…
MEMBERSHIP AND FEE
To join us, Members must be at least 35 years of age. Membership is free until 31 October 2018, after this date, New Members will pay a one off, non-refundable joining fee of £5 at the time of joining. This payment goes solely towards covering the subscription costs of running a Meetup group. This is a not-for-profit group, and all events are organised and hosted on a voluntary basis, by the Event Organisers and Hosts.
ALL MEMBERS MUST ABIDE BY THE RULES AND POLICIES OF THIS MEETUP GROUP (please see at the bottom of the page)
To become a member, click "Join us", you will then receive joining instructions including the options for paying your one-off non-refundable joining fee. You will need to place a up to date photo of yourself on your profile so that you are easily identifiable. Once your payment has been received, your membership will be approved.
Please RSVP “Yes” when you plan to attend a meetup, so that we can look out for you, this also ensures that you receive any change of plan email notifications for that event. If for whatever reason you can no longer attend an event, please amend your RSVP (so that people are not searching, or waiting for you), this will also allow us to alter any bookings for events (where necessary).
If there is something else in particular you would like to do, let us know, and we can add it to our calendar.
Members are free to get involved and contribute suggestions for new events.
If you would like to organise or host an event, please let us know.
We are a very friendly bunch, so don't be shy, come and join us!
See you at an event soon
Kimmy (Group Organiser)
Group Code of Conduct Policy
1. All members must abide by the rules and policies of the meetup Group
2. All members must respect the rights of other members.
3. All members are welcome to host events, irrespective of the length of time you have been a member.
4. This group is open to everyone, and all members are entitled to be treated with courtesy and respect at all times. You do not have to live in Milton Keynes and you do not have to be over 40 to join us. Events are aimed at people aged 40+
5. The Group needs open, friendly and welcoming members. Please be aware of the impact your behaviour may have on another member and be prepared to moderate your behaviour if you are asked to do so.
6. All members are entitled to be free of harassment, bullying, or abusive behaviour or any form of discrimination.
Harassment is any course of conduct from someone who either knows or ought to know that it will cause harm or distress to the recipient.
Bullying or abusive behaviour is any behaviour which is intended or is likely to cause a person to feel uncomfortable.
7. If any issues and disputes between members do occasionally arise, these should be dealt with as informally as possible. If a member wishes to make a complaint, the person being complained about, and/ or any witness members, must act responsibly. Members must treat the process as confidential and do their best to minimise and not exacerbate the problem. All complaints should be directed to the Group Organisers or a member of the Leadership Team to be dealt with. Once the dispute has been dealt with all members should accept the conclusion and move on.
8. All members should act in a positive and constructive manner towards the Group. Fair and reasonable comment should be directed to The Leadership Team
9. Members must take reasonable care over health and safety of themselves and other members, particularly when running an event.
The Leadership Team (Group Organisers & Event Organisers)
The Leadership Team have the same rights as all other members, however, the Leadership Team have extra responsibilities, and take on a role and hence tasks on behalf of the whole Group, which means they voluntarily give time and effort often above that of members to ensure that the Group runs successfully. It is important that this is respected by all members, and other members support this work in a constructive way. The success of the Group depends on all members contributing by organising, hosting and supporting events
10. The Leadership Team must act genuinely in the best interests of the Group and its members present and future and must not act for any collateral purpose or sectional interest.
11. As a result of being a member of the Leadership Team, Members should not gain any additional benefit or advantage that is not generally available to all members.
12. The Leadership Team must exercise reasonable care in organising and hosting events.
13. The Leadership Team are only entitled to act genuinely in pursuit of the stated aims of the Group.
14. The Leadership Team should be aware that their behaviour and conduct will be more prominent than that of other members. Any behaviour which may undermine confidence in the Group should be avoided.
15. The Leadership Team may come across confidential or sensitive information about members. They must respect and keep confidential any such information, not just while a member of the Leadership Team or a member of the Group, but for all time.
16.Members who appear not to be keeping to this code of conduct may be asked to be more careful about their behaviour and may in exceptional circumstances be asked to leave the Group.
It is unlawful for a private Group/Association to discriminate against, harass or victimise a guest or potential guest of the Group/Association. A private Group/association cannot refuse to invite a person as a guest of the Group, or invite the person on less favourable terms, such as by imposing special conditions, because of a guest’s protected characteristic. (disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Members with disabilities (Disability Discrimination Act for Private Members’ Groups)
This Group makes every effort where possible to provide events that are accessible to members with disabilities. Please note that due to the nature of the Group (i.e. a multi-activity Group) some activities may not be suitable for some people with a disability to attend. If members that are hosting an event are aware that disabled access to the venue is available, this information should be included in the event write up. If members with a disability would like to attend an event but are unsure whether it would be possible, they should contact the host for clarification. Hosts should be able to either: provide this information, find out this information, or provide contact details for the venue to enable members to source additional information directly.