Do you find rec level games too slow? Do you need to sharpen your skills before you play in a competitive league ? Then this is for you.
This is not a meetup for beginners. Not for the A/ AA player either. Most of our members fall somewhere in between Rec ( C Level) and Intermediate (B) and are trying to get better.
All of our games take place within Chicago's city limits. We try to vary our locations to as many different neighborhoods as possible. Indoor meetups usually take place at YMCA and Chicago Park District locations. Beach games are played along the lakefront.
• You understand bump, set, spike
• You have volleyball experience other than "high school gym class". You have played in a league/organized team for at least 2 years.
• You stay out of the setter's way on the second hit, unless he/she calls for help.
• You understand the difference between a legal hit and a carry or lift.
• You can get about 75% of your serves over the net.
• You have a good attitude and want to learn!
• You update your RSVP to games when you can't make it so that players on the waitlist can get a spot. Not showing up to 3 games that you have RSVP'd "yes" to will result in your removal of the meetup.
We are a fun adult group to play with! We may not get the perfect spike each time, but we work hard to not let the ball hit the ground!
Competitive players are welcome to join the fun. Just be patient with us!