addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Michael Downey Photography Message Board › The Met Photo Excursion

The Met Photo Excursion

Michael D.
Group Organizer
Somerville, NJ
Hello fellow photographer,

I am Michael Downey, your host for the photo excursion through The Metropolitan Museum of Art.  Here are the meeting instructions.

Please meet me promptly at 10 AM in the Great Hall just inside the main entrance at 82nd St. I will be on the right side of the hall as you enter.

I suggest you leave your camera bags at home as everything will be thoroughly searched and you don't need much equipment for this excursion. All that is required is a camera and a wide-angle and/or a normal lens. Remember the lightning in the museum is very low so bring fast glass. (Lenses that allow low f-stop numbers) Thats important because neither tripods nor photoflash photography is allowed in the museum.

Once I have handed out the tickets we will be going to the American Wing Café for the class.

This is a fun and exciting excursion. Be sure to dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there.