MADdotNET - Madison Wisconsin's Microsoft .NET Community Message Board › MAD Jobs › .Net Direct Placement opportunity, near Geneva Lake (the other side of the l
Our client, a leader in their industry, is in need of an Application Developer. This developer will be responsible for both new development and re-writing existing applications, as well as customization and maintenance to existing applications. Developer will work both individually as well as with another developer on technical solutions to complex problems.
The developer will be working with both legacy client server and new applications, and should have 3-5+ years of development experience - preferably with the Microsoft toolset; but experience with other languages could work. This is a .Net/VB.net based company so experience with, and/or desire to work with this technology is desired.
Our client is located near the very beautiful Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. (Just over an hour from O'Hare International Airport; 10 minutes from Harvard, IL; 50 minutes from Rockford; and 90 minutes from Madison.)
Enjoy an incredibly beautiful setting, where quality of life is high, and cost of living is relatively low. You’ll relish easy access to beaches, specialty shops and galleries, golfing, boating, hiking, lake cruises, and great food. This is a rare opportunity to get into this notable company; and is a place you can stay for many years.
- 3-5 years experience developing in a professional environment
- Microsoft, .Net, and/or C++ background desirable
- Relational DB experience
- Willingness to attend training at the home office in California
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
1. Develop business solutions
2. Analyze system design and develop coding strategy/configuration approach of the solution
3. Develop application code, technical specifications and system design
4. Follow corporate coding standards and guidelines to include security, architecture and data
5. Resolve problems in code or configurations
6. Document solution, including program logic, procedures, implementation/deployment instructions and technical recovery plans and ensure transition to functional support
7. Ensure appropriate sign-offs and backout plans are in place for deployments to production
8. Perform and execute deployment tasks
9. Maintain and support legacy code/applications
Desired qualifications :
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Job experience: 3-5 years IT application development experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, both verbally and in writing.
If you are interested or know someone that might be, please just let me know!