Immersive Learning eXperiences
Marin County Office of Education
Wednesday November 16, 2016
4.00 – 5.30 PM
If you are an educator hearing about some of the hype lately surrounding virtual reality (VR), you may be asking “what is VR and how could I use VR in my classroom”. The Marin County Office of Education, The MakerSpace at the Novato Community Education Center and the Marin County Free Library invite you to Immersive Learning eXperiences on November 16 where attendees can hear from educators describing how they use VR to increase student engagement and excite students about learning.
You will have an opportunity to experience VR and its remarkable ability to create a sense of presence, interactivity, wonder, and empathy. VR experiences in science, art, history, media, engineering, music, and special education will be available to try.
· Lizz Klammer Teacher Alta Vista School - San Francisco Ca
· John Macleod – CEC Maker Space and Drake High School, San Anselmo Ca
· Dan Phillips – Marin COE, Technology Resource Center – San Rafael Ca
· CyArk http://www.cyark.org Oakland Ca
· Dynamoid http://www.dynamoid.com Oakland Ca – Seattle Wa
· Lifeliqe www.lifeliqe.com (http://www.dynamoid.com) San Francisco, Ca