If you are interested in meeting new motorcycle riding friends, putting miles on your bike, and seeing different sites, then we look forward to meeting you at our next event.
We are NOT your typical motorcycle riding group as we don't just plan rides involving food and/or drink.
We plan actual rides including: day-trips, overnight trips, sightseeing rides, weekend getaways, backwoods riding, tours, visits to quirky roadside attractions, historic sites, wildlife preserves/state parks, just getting lost rides, etc. Each year we plan at least one BIG trip. Sometimes the ride is the destination. We welcome those who will be active participants. We like riders who keep their kickstand up instead of down.
We want you to have the best experience possible, so please read the following information carefully prior to joining and remember that you will only get out of the group what you put into it.
Please note that we are not interested in the number of riders who join, as we are with building a great motorcycle riding collective! Quality over quantity. Matter-of-Fact, we have had many friendships form whereas people meet up and ride with the group and do things together outside the group.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JOINING
• All bikes with the exception of crotch-rockets are welcome to join (only because sport bikes are a different riding experience).
• $20 annual member dues for 1 up and $40 for 2 up following approval and dues paid within 14 day's We do this to help weed out those who join and then sit on the sidelines and never ride. Dues are payable by cash or check. Specifics instructions for dues are in the welcome message you receive once approved. Due's are then collected at the end of the year or start of new year at a meet and greet. All money raised helps cover group expenses.
• All ages, races, colors, experience levels, political affiliations, education levels, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, religious beliefs, veteran status, backgrounds, income levels, nationalities, etc. are welcome as are both male & female riders. We do not discriminate against any person who rides. If you do, don't join.
• No gang members/colors, or drama.
• As a member, you agree to conduct yourself in a responsible manner as to not give our group or our sponsor(s) a bad name.
• Members who repeatedly no-show will be removed from the group without notice or refund. You join to ride and meet others with the same interest, but the more you participate the more you will get to know others and enjoy the experience. You will only get out of it what you put into it.
• You must like to ride as this group's main focus is to spend more time in the saddle. It's about the journey, NOT the destination! Every effort is made to locate fun and off-the-beaten path roads to get to our chosen destination. If you would rather "just get there," you probably shouldn't join this group.
• You (and your passengers and/or guests) must read AND agree with the contents of our Accident Waiver, Release of Liability, Assignment of Claims, and Photo & Video Release. (https://www.meetup.com/MBMotorcycleRiders/pages/Release_of_Liability%2C_Photo_and_Video_Release) Per SC state law, the act of joining implies, legally, that you (and your passengers and/or guests) agree with the before mentioned releases AND all requirements outlined in this entire section (regardless if you live in NC, SC or another state).
As a courtesy to the rest of the group, please keep your R.S.V.P. status updated. Some events will have a maximum allowable number of attendees (Bikers and/or passengers), so please don't take up spots unless you will definitely be attending.
Habitual offenders who R.S.V.P. then cancel the day before or last minute will be removed from the group without notice or refund as will those who no-show more than 3-times.