Help support your MeetupChip in
Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Motorcycle Riders℠ - proud to participate in the State of South Carolina's Adopt-A-Highway clean-up effort. We also support our local animal shelter, The Grand Strand Humane Society. We encourage our members to volunteer their time and/or make financial contributions to show their support. Don't shop. Adopt. Spay/neuter. Don't litter. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Please note that we are not interested in the number of riders who join, as we are with building a great motorcycle riding collective! Quality over quantity.
If you are interested in meeting new motorcycle riding friends, putting miles on your bike, and seeing different sites, then we look forward to meeting you at our next event.
We plan day-trips, volunteer/charity events, overnight trips, dinner rides, sightseeing rides, weekend getaways, breakfast runs, backwoods riding, tours, socials, visits to quirky roadside attractions, historic sites, just getting lost rides, etc. Each year we plan at least one BIG trip. Sometimes the ride is the destination. We welcome those who will be active participants. We like riders who keep their kickstand up instead of down.
We want you to have the best experience possible, so please read the following information carefully prior to joining and remember that you will only get out of the group what you put into it.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JOINING
• All bikes in the greater Myrtle Beach/Grand Strand area (Horry County, Georgetown County, Charleston County & Brunswick County, NC), with the exception of crotch-rockets, are welcome to join (only because sport bikes are a different riding experience).
• Absentee homeowners may join.
• All ages, races, colors, experience levels, political affiliations, education levels, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, religious beliefs, veteran status, backgrounds, income levels, nationalities, etc. are welcome as are both male & female riders. We do not discriminate against any person who rides. If you do, don't join.
• No gang members/colors, or drama.
• As a member, you agree to conduct yourself in a responsible manner as to not give our group or our sponsor(s) a bad name.
• You MUST have a motorcycle or regular access to one in order to join. See "Passengers" section below.
• You must have a name associated with your Meetup account although we prefer a face profile photo especially if using a handle.
• YOU MUST PARTICIPATE! Participate as much as you are comfortable with. Inactive members and those who repeatedly no-show will be removed from the group without notice. Membership is reserved for active participants only! You join to ride and meet others with the same interest, but the more you participate the more you will get to know others and enjoy the experience. You will only get out of it what you put into it.
• You must like to ride as this group's main focus is to spend more time in the saddle. It's about the journey, NOT the destination! We make an extra effort to try and locate fun and off-the-beaten path roads to get to our chosen destination. If you would rather "just get there," you probably shouldn't join this group.
• You (and your passengers and/or guests) must read AND agree with the contents of our Accident Waiver, Release of Liability, Assignment of Claims, and Photo & Video Release. Per SC state law, the act of joining implies, legally, that you (and your passengers and/or guests) agree with the before mentioned releases AND all requirements outlined in this entire section (regardless if you live in NC, SC or another state).
• We welcome new participants (Riders). The primary purpose of this group is planning and executing group motorcycle rides for our members. However, at this time, WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY NEW ON-GOING EVENT HOST(S), ASSISTANT ORGANIZER(S) OR ORGANIZER(S), ETC. We are a very laid back group of varying backgrounds. Our group does NOT have officers/positions (i.e., President, Vice President, Sargent at Arms, etc.). The goal of the group is to build friendships who also ride outside of the group while participating and supporting group values/charities. Ride suggestions are welcome but please use whatsapp, Facebook or create your own meetup group if you want to plan/post your own group rides. Additionally, we are no longer promoting or posting other groups' events.
Passengers are always welcome to participate as a guest of the group. If you do not have a bike or regular access to one, then we welcome you to connect & interact with us on Facebook instead of joining the group. Thank you for your understanding.
It's not a race. We ride casual and comfortably on runs. This allows us to enjoy the scenery and allows newer riders to feel more comfortable and safe. We ride in a standard staggered formation (if you are not familiar with this, contact that ride's Event Host or the group Organizer/Founder for assistance). Don't worry about falling behind or getting separated from the group. No Rider is left behind.
As a courtesy to the rest of the group, please keep your R.S.V.P. status updated. Some events will have a maximum allowable number of attendees (Bikers and/or passengers), so please don't take up spots unless you will definitely be attending.
Habitual offenders who R.S.V.P. then cancel the day before or last minute will be removed from the group without notice as will those who no-show more than 3-times.
Please note that we all ride at our own risk.
It's worth mentioning again that the act of joining this group and/or participating on a ride or at an event implies that you AND your passenger (if applicable) have read AND agree with the contents of our Accident Waiver, Release of Liability, Assignment of Claims, and Photo & Video Release.
In lieu of membership dues, our group is solely funded by the generous donations by our members. We would like to be sponsor supported, so if you know of a local business who could benefit from sponsoring us and is interested in doing so, please let us know.
Connect & interact on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/MBMotorcycleRiders
If you made it this far, take a minute to review and become familiar with our group's Riding Style and MSF'S Guide to Group Riding & the Group Riding Hand Signals as both are required readings.
Fuel up & let's ride!!!!!
Contact Ross Haseltine, Organizer/Founder with any questions you may have.
We are also known as the following names which we use interchangeably: Myrtle Beach Motorcycle Riding Club℠; Myrtle Beach Motorcycle Riding Group℠
1,511 Awesome Members
751 Holistic Health and Healing
313 Self-empowered Healers
738 Italian food lovers
625 Live entertainment lovers