Join us in West Virginia for a family friendly July 4th event. Register on this website, or email your plans to [masked]. Calculate your driving distance here on Google Maps (http://bit.ly/1FbB12f). This "day" event will feature a meetup in Charles Town, group drive, a parade in Shepherdstown, and picnic.
ALL ACTIVITIES ARE RAIN OR SHINE!
In addition to the 14 charging stations at APUS in Charles Town, there are many charging options along the way from the DC area that are listed on www.plugshare.com.
2018 Event Photos: https://www.meetup.com/MDVolt/photos/all_photos/?photoAlbumId=28970169
*** Waiver of Liability ***
By RSVPing to this meetup, you are certifying that you have current Auto Liability Insurance and Vehicle Registration on the vehicle you will be bringing. You further attest that neither you nor your heirs will hold MD Volt or any of its volunteers liable for any damage to you or your vehicle, or to spectators or to their personal property, while you are engaged in or traveling to or from this event and event activities. You also agree that any photos of you or your property as a result of this event may be used for promotion of future events.
Tentative Agenda (Subject to change)
Wednesday - July 3, 2019
• 7:00 PM - Dinner/drinks at White Horse Tavern at the Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry (http://www.whitehorsetavernhf.com/) - RSVP to [masked]
-If you are arriving the night before the parade, please join us for dinner and drinks at White Horse Tavern. This location has 2 Tesla Destination chargers and 2 (J-1772) stations. (https://www.plugshare.com/location/87771)
Thursday - July 4, 2019
• 8:00 AM - Meetup at American Public University System (http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/17451), starting at 8:00 AM
-Pickup car flag if you don't have one.
• 9:30 AM - Parade cars to leave APUS at 9:30 AM.
-Route to Parade staging (https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zoqqi3MoHP80.kwF6B5_N5qfU&usp=sharing)
-Parade Map (http://files.meetup.com/2377661/2015%20Parade%20Map%20excel.pdf)
-The parade will form up beginning at 9:30 AM on Minden Street (http://bit.ly/1C26tku), right off route 480. We should arrive by 10 AM if you plan to meet us there.
• 11:00 AM - Shepherdstown Parade (http://shepherdstownrotary.org/july-4th-community-parade-picnic.php)
• 12:00 PM - Community Picnic (http://shepherdstownrotary.org/july-4th-community-parade-picnic.php) (Morgan's Grove Park (http://www.jeffersoncountywv.org/county-government/county-agencies/parks-recreation/parks-facilities/morgan-s-grove-park)), Noon-3 PM
-Event organizers will be blocking off a special place for us to park. We will immediately drive here at the end of the parade route.
-The picnic will include lots of kids' activities including games and a water slide!
-Rotary Club members will sell burgers, hot dogs, chips, ice cream and non-alcoholic beverages.
• 3:00 PM - Event end