What we're about
THIS IS A ROLL CALL for heterosexual men who are sick of folks asking them when are they going to get married and have kids!!! The purpose of this group is to find Young at Heart, Single, Black, Working, Men without Kids 40 years and older in the DC, MD, and VA area to connect with each other and other groups of people. This non co-ed group is as private as Meetup.com will allow it to be.
[PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE CLICKING JOIN-Best read from desktop site-plus videos] Just because the men in the group currently do not have kids, it doesn’t mean the men in the group will not have wives and kids in the future. Just as, some may not want them in the future. If you’ve read this far and still have a smile on your face; hopefully, you fit all attributes and this group is for you.
Type of Events:
The group is designed so a person can find one person to roll with or grab the fellas. It’s the perfect group for someone new in town looking to make new friends who have lived in the area for a while. The type of events this group does are completely up to the male members whether that be:
• Sporting , golfing, and fishing events
• Networking, men’s fellowship, and dating and relationship discussions
• Career specific, tech, empowerment, wellness, health, and fitness conferences
• Night life, themed night out, single events, and live music events
• Happy hour, wine, dining out and poetry events
• Road dog for annual events, workout partners, and mentors/mentees collaborations
• Travel, volunteer work, and home improvement projects,
• Supporting an event, creating a team, or Whatever.
It’s your group so you decided if want to stay in and play spades or even put on a suit and crash a party with the fellas. The goal is for trustworthy people with different personalities to come together and have fun times.
• • • • • • •
Preference for the Men's Childfree Group:
• Never married biologically born males who have never had kids
• Ages 40-55 years young but all ages 38 and over are free to join.
• Divorced folks won't be turned away- just make sure the IRS thinks you're single (and God knows you are single)
• Dues Payer After the 1st 6 months $5/yr
“No kids” means no child has ever crawled around with your passed down DNA or you have never knowingly impregnated anyone in the last 10 months. It doesn’t mean the kids don’t live with you. If you click the join button, then go out and get married or impregnate somebody, you no longer fit the attributes of people in the group but the bonds you made in the group should continue in or out of the meetup. This group gives members a platform without judgment because your peers have similar stories.
Don’t Feel You Fit in this Group:
If you do not fit all of the listed attributes above, there are many meetups to join that don’t put you in a box so they may suit your needs better. Or, you might want to consider creating your own meetup group. However, this group will have some events inclusive to all as Society isn’t made up of the same types of people. And before you exit this page, think about one 40yr old single black male with no kids to pass on the group URL link to. We all know at least one.
Assistant Organizers: If you don’t know by now, the organizer of this group is biologically a woman and will be the only known woman in the group. The organizer is looking for Male Assistant Organizers to help run the group because the organizer does not plan to create events for the group without a male event host. The only time you will probably see the organizer is when a male event host plans something with other groups.
Social Media/Articles/ Videos:
You won’t hear from the female organizer that much but when you do she may brighten your day by sending you information that speaks to your platform like medical ailments :-) or blogger post and youtube videos like theses to get your opinion:
• Article: ""21 Things Black Men Don't Hear Enough" http://blavity.com/21-things-black-men-need-hear/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Blavity&utm_content=21+Things+Black+Men+Don%27t+Hear+Often+Enough
• Article: "Childfree Men: Misunderstood and Often Maligned" http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/complete-without-kids/201203/childfree-men-misunderstood-and-often-maligned
• Blogger’s post about Single Black Men Without Kids http://shakaama.blogspot.com/2012/08/black-single-men-with-no-kids-truth.html
• Article on statistics and society’s views of Men vs Women without Children http://www.blisstree.com/2013/04/03/mental-health-well-being/mental-health/depression/childless-men-more-depressed-than-women-without-kids/
• YouTube: A Single Black Male with no children’s perspective on society’s views on finding out he has no children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gR3xROWH9o
•YouTube: Ask a Black Man “Episode 1: Life of a Single Man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oBXk_RppY (Watch all Episodes)
YouTube:“Qualified, yet Single: Why Good Men Remain Single” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv_kwqGXz1g
But never forget, your purpose in this meetup group is to bond with the unmarried guys rather than being a panelist. Nevertheless, the single men and no kids group does provide bachelors a platform. If everything you heard/read sounds good to you, Click the Join Button!!!
And for you ladies who have read this with questions, maybe this video will answer one question for you
And to the folks that don't understand single without kids over a certain age :