Let's take time out of our busy lives and spend a morning fighting hunger in Metro Detroit with Forgotten Harvest.
Where: Forgotten Harvest Farm, 9153 Major Rd, Deerfield Township, MI 48430
Time: 8:45 AM - 1:00 PM.
What: Harvest Day!
Get your work clothes on, wear a good hat and get ready for a great day on a Forgotten Harvest Farm! You will pick fresh fruit and vegetables and help us load a Forgotten Harvest truck that will be on its way to tables of those in need the very next day.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperon.
- Parking is limited. Please share a ride of you can.
- Park on East side of Major Road.
- We will work rain or shine!
- Water will be provided.
- Port-a-potty is on site.
- If available, please bring work gloves, water, and a snack.
- You must wear close-toed shoes, preferably work boots.
- Please wear a light cotton long sleeve shirt to protect your arms while harvesting.
- You are working in a field, so if available, please bring bug repellent.
Forgotten Harvest was established in 1990 to fight hunger and waste. Their mission is to relieve hunger in the Detroit metropolitan community by rescuing prepared and perishable food and donating it to emergency food providers. Last year they rescued 9.5 million pounds of food and redistributed to emergency food providers in Metro Detroit.