addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

MIMEwalk - MIndful and MEditative WALKs Message Board › "Wild Peace" plaque @ Swift Creek Bluffs Nature Preserve

"Wild Peace" plaque @ Swift Creek Bluffs Nature Preserve

Leslie G.
user 11131349
Group Organizer
Raleigh, NC
I was out hiking this area in mid May, and although the preserve didn't make my "whoo-hoo" list, the Wild Peace plaque (along with the stairway to heaven) did.  I've posted a photo of the plaque under the "More" tab, "files" sub-tab if you're interested in reading it.
I hope that you all have a chance to be out in nature this weekend - both temperatures and weather should make for some wonderful hikes.
Leslie
Gurpreet
DadofPrincess
Cary, NC
Post #: 157
Wow, that Wild Peace poem is AWESOME! I'm going to post it to my Facebook, thanks for sharing it, Leslie! What is the Stairway to Heaven? That is one of my favorite songs - is it some natural formation in the park?
Leslie G.
user 11131349
Group Organizer
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 3
The "stairway to heaven" is actually several sets of stairs (80+ steps) that go from the lower elevation at Swift Creek up to the upper elevation (at the upper elevation, there are wooden seats at two locations to look out over it all). I think that springtime (blooms) and wintertime (no leaves) will make sitting up high and looking out on the world an amazing adventure. So, it's more about the "heaven" at the top of the stairs, than the stairs themselves ...