We are the only international support group specifically for at-home mothers. We believe that staying home to raise our children is a fulfilling full-time job. The MOMS Club was started in 1983 by our founder Mary B. James, an at-home mother in California who decided she was tired of being home alone. Now we have over 2,100+ chapters in the U.S. and over 110,000 members. The Charlottesville, Virginia area chapter started in November 2002.
• To provide a support group for mothers who choose to stay at home to raise their children.
• To provide a forum for topics of interest to mothers.
• To help children in the community.
• To perform at least one service project yearly helping needy children.
We are glad that you are interested in joining our club of stay-at-home Moms. Since we are all at-home Moms as well, we know that it is often hard to find kid-friendly activities where you can also have fun. That is what makes the MOMS Club so special. The Club is designed to give you the support you need while participating in great activities that kids of all ages can enjoy.
All of our activities (with the exception of Mom's Night Out) are held between 8am and 6pm, when at-home mothers need the support.
We hold a variety of activities and events each month, including:
• Monthly meetings with speakers, discussions, and other fun programs.
• Casual get-togethers in parks and members' homes.
• Day Trips for mothers and their children such as to the museum, fruit picking, and volunteering at a nursing home.
• Family parties around the holidays or just for fun throughout the year.
• Playgroups for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children.
• Monthly activity groups for the mothers, like recipe club, book club and Mom's Night Out.
• Homemade meals delivered to your door when you deliver a new baby or at other times of need.
• Service projects that help needy mothers and children in our area.
We believe being a mother should not isolate you, so we encourage you to bring your children with you to all MOMS Club events. You do not have to bring your children to attend at event, but if you do bring children, please remember that you are responsible for your children's safety and behavior at all times. During meetings we may have a volunteer member watching the older children away from the mothers, but often we are all together. Babies are always welcome to stay with their mothers, and you may nurse at our events. We are all mothers here!
Joining the MOMS Club and Cost
Once you ask to join our Meet Up page, you will be contacted by our membership coordinator. Our dues are $20 a year and pay for our room rental, supplies, and programs. You may attend two events (such as a meeting or an activity in a public place) before you decide to become a member. We would love to see you at our next Meet and Greet! Once you've attended an event and decided to join, please fill out the membership form (the last page of the New Member Packet available in the File section on Meet Up) and pay the membership dues. Then, you will be added to the Meet Up group and have access to the calendar. Thank you for your interest in our group.