addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Magic: The Gathering - DC (DC/MD/VA) Message Board Other/General Discussions › It was just suggested that I join

It was just suggested that I join

A former member
Post #: 1
Last night at FNM I was trading with someone and someone, I can't remember his name, suggested I join this to find new players. I'm looking for any sort of groups that meet regularly to draft/sealed/standard/EDH mainly, legacy and vintage I can't really get into much at the moment.

Thanks,
Jesse
Troy
Guinness_X-Stout
Rockville, MD
Post #: 84
Again, Welcome to the groups Jesse. :)

You've come to the right place to meet new players, and join in on some really good matches.

The main pages of each Meetup should keep you posted as to what Meetups are currently happening. And since our membership consists of players from all playing levels and format tastes, these (current and future) Meetups should include games that cover each of the formats you mentioned. Also, since it appears that you are able to host Meetups, feel free to put something together that you can host and post it on the Meetup site.

We're glad you decided to join the groups Jesse, and feel free to contact me if you should have any questions.

--
Troy
Ray M.
user 46384042
Ashburn, VA
Post #: 1
Jessie,

I am looking for the same thing basically, although never did EDH but am interested in trying it out. Anyway, I was thinking of suggesting a casual draft meetup in my area (Ashburn) with the hopes of making a weekly that can change formats between draft, sealed, standard and why not EDH. I have been out of Magic so long that Legacy and Vintage I know I am not ready for nor have the cards.

I am planning on asking the place I go to FNM this Friday if they mind if we play there and can we reserve a table, etc. If that fails, then my house might be an option.

Anyway, I should hopefully be suggesting it this weekend for sometime in early August, so if you are interested keep a lookout in the suggested meetups.

Ray