Machine Intelligence Toronto Message Board › Excellent Stats/Business/Database Position Available
I just wanted to pass off this amazing job opportunity that came to my attention. I mentioned to the hiring manager involved that this would a great place to find some talent. Job Description and contact info is below:
Manager, Data and Analytics
Business Line Brookfield Residential Property Services
Role Profile Shared Business Services - Level 5
Reports to Mark Houghton
Start Date 29-August-2012
Role Profile Key Accountabilities:
• Relationship Management – Establishes working relationships internally and externally to collaborate on issues; building networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
• Customer Focus – Ensures client delivery and satisfaction by monitoring team under supervision; conducts assessment addressing underlying client needs.
• Results Delivery – Resolves diverse and complex issues where analysis of data requires a comprehensive evaluation of variable factors.
• Strives for Excellence – Provides advanced knowledge to broader team and/or the organization providing technical leadership in knowledge area.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations this individual will lead the organization in designing, developing, and managing the foundation for the national collateral database.
The role is to enhance in house statistical competency and lead the development of new data products,
and to ensure its scalability to deliver new information based products and services. This will involve working with the company executives, operations and technology teams, as well as external business partners, data suppliers and technology vendors.
• Develop a strong SME in the Centract dataset, residential real estate data.
• Oversee monthly data quality assurance checks to validate raw data and database outputs.
• Ensure GIS and other geo-related datasets are maintained and updates are integrated.
• Develop, test, verify and update predictive models to accommodate changes in data and model.
• Develop and test analytic solutions to be used by internal and external customers.
• Partner with sales team to develop custom reporting for clients.
• Create insightful automated dashboards and data visualizations to track key metrics and trends.
• Collaborate with business intelligence group on data warehouse requirements
• Partner with sales & product development teams to provide strategic advice on new data & analytic products.
• Partner with SMEs at financial institutions to ensure data & analytic solutions are delivered in the form and function that meets client expectations.
• Develop the capability to incorporate GIS and other GEO related products into the existing dataset to enhance existing products and create new ones.
• HBA / BBA or advanced undergraduate business degree.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in any mix of the following areas:
• GIS, Data analytics and projects.
• Credit and or other insurance products.
• Internal/External consulting engagement.
Knowledge and experience with the following would be highly valued:
• Insurance and/or credit underwriting.
• Designing insurance and data products.
• GIS/Data Suppliers/Statistics Canada/Map Info.
• MBA/Engineering Degree.
• Project Management
Technology related requirements:
• SAS/SPSS/Minitab or any statistics related software would be an asset.
• Proficient in MS Office software (Presentation, Excel, Word, Access, etc).
• Able to work independently.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels of organization.
• Able to manage and motivate stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
• Able to manage multiple and varied tasks.
• Able to deal with peak workloads and deadlines.
• Creative thinker who can translate concepts into executable management plans.
• Self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
Posting Date: August 29, 2012 End Date: September 11, 2012
Should you be interested in this position, please forward a current resume to: