Made by Momma is a non-profit organization and registered Canadian Charity that provides wholesome nourishment and nurturing care to mothers and young children. This meetup group is for our wonderful team of volunteers who support our charity.
We support mothers with young children who are dealing with an illness or injury, new mothers who need some extra time to bond with their new baby or mothers in situations of adversity or in times of crisis.
Services we provide include:
* Providing homemade meals and baked goods to mothers recovering from illness, injury or who need some extra time while establishing breastfeeding or bonding with a new baby. We can alter recipes to meet special dietary needs.
* We provide in-home support to mothers feeling overwhelmed or who require some much-needed rest. We can also help care for older children while a mother bonds with her new baby.
* We can give breast feeding support and encouragement.
* Our volunteers can do a quick house clean/tidy to allow new moms or mothers with special health needs time to focus on themselves and their children.
* Occasionally we may also have knit items, spa or salon services or other indulgences and comfort items to offer depending on what our current volunteer pool is able to provide!
This Meetup group will help coordinate activities and events among Made by Momma volunteers and members. We will also support other local organizations and groups with similar ideals as well as promoting the "mothers helping mothers" philosophy.